What retro bits are you working on?

I was quiet for a bit but in the last two weeks I've done a 'bullhorn makeover' on a nice 501 framed '84 Peugeot road bike, plus I'm building up a tiny modern-ish GT Aggressor and my big old '91 Saracen Sahara with a view to flogging both of them. I'm hoping to get buyers for both the MTBs before I cable them up - so the buyers can choose what spec they have with gearings, controls, saddle etc. I also fixed up my bro is law's full sus. and refurbed a few tatty rear mechs and pedals :D

Finished the Diamond Back Saturday, started a parts-bin Zaskar build yesterday to give me a choice of two bikes to take on holiday.

Now resumed work on my 1978 Elswick Hopper. It going black with JPS Lotus decals as they won the F1 world championship the yea the bike was made. Alas, not very MTB'y I'm afraid.

Still fighting with getting decent brakes on frankenbike. Waiting for bridges to use with longer straddles. Hopefully that will be it. If not will buy a st Christopher and hope or the best..

Procrastinating again :oops:

Either work on getting a pair of early Hope cable disc brakes working again or rebuilding a mid 90s Hope rear hub & cassette.

I always put off jobs that I really don't want to cock up, and can always use the excuse of going for a ride.

Just finished a dyna-tech tourus and am now working on a unicorn for me, an STS I took delivery of on Friday. All polished up (well, I'm sure there will be more) so that just leaves me to decide on groupset and forks, simple right??

If anyone fancies venturing an opinion, pleas take a look and comment here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=264885

Back