Holiday options time near York

It's not bang on the sea front but is only a couple of hundred meters off. If you're interested I'll point beavis your way but I do know the available dates book up quite quickly.

If you do end up in whitby my favourite is la rosa hotel, its full of daft stuffed creatures and quirky shit, if you can get a room overlooking the harbour its grand. On a shoestring the YHA is amazing, its right next to the abbey, its brilliant for kids and is very bike friendly.
Of course if you are visiting Yorkshire and want a really special time then Bradford has to be the top of the list. We have a lovely selection of £1 shops, quite a selection of archaeological digs on the go at any given time (or are they bulldozed wastelands of despair?.....), The kids can play "count the boarded up shopfront" for hours without running short of subject matter. Its an interesting contrast to the splendour of York.

futuristicoldman":301hyr66 said:
If you do end up in whitby my favourite is la rosa hotel, its full of daft stuffed creatures and quirky shit, if you can get a room overlooking the harbour its grand. On a shoestring the YHA is amazing, its right next to the abbey, its brilliant for kids and is very bike friendly.
Of course if you are visiting Yorkshire and want a really special time then Bradford has to be the top of the list. We have a lovely selection of £1 shops, quite a selection of archaeological digs on the go at any given time (or are they bulldozed wastelands of despair?.....), The kids can play "count the boarded up shopfront" for hours without running short of subject matter. Its an interesting contrast to the splendour of York.

:LOL:

Always nice to close threads!!

Well we are back from a fantastic week in Yorkshire , enjoyed by everyone. We ended up in a farm cottage between Pickering and Malton.

Got about quite a bit with no rubbish days

Steam train to Whitby
Eden camp
Hired a bike and had afternoon on red trail dalby
Lavender place
York was a hit spent 2 days there

Something we all picked up on and really thought was great is how friendly people are up there !!! :cool:

Deff be returning for sure

Cheers everyone for input

Dave

daj":rarc50jd said:
Always nice to close threads!!

Well we are back from a fantastic week in Yorkshire , enjoyed by everyone. We ended up in a farm cottage between Pickering and Malton.

Got about quite a bit with no rubbish days

Steam train to Whitby
Eden camp
Hired a bike and had afternoon on red trail dalby
Lavender place
York was a hit spent 2 days there

Something we all picked up on and really thought was great is how friendly people are up there !!! :cool:

Deff be returning for sure

Cheers everyone for input

Dave

Gods own country how could you not love it... :cool:

Glad you and your family had a good time....
Next time you'll have to bring your bike and we'll show you round the moors

Latest posts

Back