Big Dog 2013 10th august

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at Cranks today anyway Max. I'm hoping to get up there over the weekend, maybe not on my race bike though. Next Friday, fingers crossed, I'll be all systems go...

Good news! For me anyway, I got my bike (back) together and went for a blast at Stanmer for the first time retro style and it was great! I think the rain on Saturday made it even better, nice and grippy, fingers crossed for good weather until the event.

Here's an aside. We're toying with the idea of raffling off the Schwinn Paramount that was donated to Cranks recently (see http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 0#p1987370). We were thinking about doing the draw on at the big dog. Does anyone have direct contact with the organisers to check if they'd be up for this?

well that was embarrassing! little trip out with bat4a06 and cyclinggardener around Stanmer and apparently I won't be taking the kona SS...

wow I'm out of shape.

looks like the tequesta will be kitted out and being used as the race bike. I am not so secretly very excited about that. not strictly within the rules (post 95) but it's rigid and not running discs, I'm sure they won't mind.

ther eare also romours abound that the course is being changed this year. Something about reversing parts or all of it. no one is really sure yet, I guess we'll just have to wait for the day.

Not a good course for a single speed. How's it running? Not been out much. Is there still time to fit in some training?

it was running pretty nicely Bryan, despite the crazy downpour yesterday morning.

you coming along?

Glad it's running well. Ill be there, I've entered the singlespeed pairs with an old friend. Should be great fun, whatever the weather does.

Looking forward to seeing the rb crew.

The new route has been announced, the map is on the big dog site:

http://www.brightonbigdog.com/latest-news/

It looks like there's less singletrack and more fire roads which I think is pretty lame. I understand that some of the faster riders complained that, basically, the old route was too technical i.e. too hard.

I'm sure it'll still be fun though.

Team mate required!

I'm signed up for the retro pairs category but my partner has had to pull out because of health problems. So, is anyone up for joining me? I usually do 3 or 4 laps (I've never done it retro style before though...). I'm not in it to win but it'd be great to find someone who's up for it.

Actually, what's the deal with the "open" retro category? Could we do it as a team of 3?

Rode the new course last night. It has a fair bit of the original singletrack still in. The first half seems a bit harsh climbing wise, especially on a single speed. The bit on the 'Other side of the road' (coledean) runs backwards

There is not, as some have said, more climbing than descending!

The course does seem less technical, but I think part of that is to avoid erosion.

I'm sure it'll still be a really fun race.

See you Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back