1992 Saracen Kili Racer

It might be technically but it wont really do anything. Try plus gas or equivalent from your local friendly hardware shop.

Well, I've been dowsing the seat post with proper penetrating oil for over a week now, and the seat tube still doesn't want to budge in any way. :|

The problem might be me.. I can't put much power into removing the post while I'm also trying to hold the bike, so I think I need to attach the post to something solid that won't move. I have no idea what, though.. if I attach it to anything attached to my house, I reckon I'll be more likely to rip something off of the house! I think I might have to go down to the local playground once all the children have gone and attach it to a railing or a climbing frame. :roll:

I'm now all set on the colour scheme, and it will be beige with bits of blue/turquoise and brown. I was originally inspired by a Pinarello Veneto that I've been seeing in the window of a local bike shop, and since then I've seen several other examples of similar colour schemes that make me think it'll be awesome.

I just need to get the pesky seat tube out! :p

Have you tried putting a seat on it? Put the bike flat, with saddle on, stand on the saddle, lean over and pull the frame up? That's worked for me before.

Easier again if you have a buddy/neighbour to help you.

Bullpup":15hypb96 said:
Very nice but if you are going to repaint it, why not add disc tabs?
Coz I don't plan on fitting disc brakes. I can't let the budget get too out of control on this - I'm too skint! The powder coat is only £20, so it's not too much of an expense.

I have got the seat fitted, but I've been trying to remove the post the other way around, by standing on the BB and pulling the seat. Standing on the seat sounds like a much better way of doing things! :)

I love trying to get a stuck seatpost out!

What colour are you going for? Great find, should turn into something great without much money being spent.

I still can't get the bloomin thing out, so now I'm going for the real fun stuff - caustic soda! Let's see you resist being melted, pesky seatpost!! :twisted:

ahem.

I think I'm still leaning toward beige as the new colour (which may be unavoidable after caustic soda gets on it). It sounds boring, but I've seen it used to great effect many times recently. Probably with brown saddle and grips.

Back