What retro bits are you working on?

Mating a bear valley se with ritchey raid bars, deore thumbies, 105 road levers, adjustable stem, quill adaptor and new cantis. Blue/black splatter bar tape, grey cables. Nice

I started the strip down on my latest build this evening. It's an Orange C16r that I've owned for a very long time. The thing fits me like a glove and has been really fun :)

Up until now it's always been factory stock, with the exception of a rear wheel I had to replace. It's got very tired over the years though, so I'm giving it a thorough re-fresh and a bit of an update with a few carefully chosen modern bits.

I have a feeling lots of people will hate what I come up with - but I'm building it for me not anyone else :mrgreen:

I'll no doubt post pics etc a I get on with things - like I did with the '91 Zaskar I just built for my dad

Tinkering with the setup on the 95 Mt Tam , doing much the same with the 88 hardrock :D Also looking at the Saracen sahara elite frame i have hung up at work , the one i only bought for the shifters :roll: and dreaming up all manner of build possibilites for it :D
might even ride one lol!
Paul.

currently trying to get a 90/91 Muddy Fox Adventurer back on the road with period correct bits. Need to sort my headset on my 96 Axis R, and replace my rear rim on my 96 WCF

Attempting to renew the bearings on some LX M550 pedals. If they'd tried just a little bit harder I suppose Shimano could've made it impossible to renew them. Why didn't they make the cage removable like the XTs? It's just the final tightening that's the problem because the fixed cage doesn't leave enough room for screwdrivers, spanners, pliers and the usual paraphernalia of pedal servicing to be used. Like the pedals but hate their design :x

Oh and BTW, like your Marin BV History Man :cool:

Back