Info on Raleigh Titanium road frames please?

Does anyone know when Raleigh stopped making the bonded frame Dyna-techs? I've just bought a NOS one from, Germany 199..?

Raleigh titanium

I might be able to source a 55 or 56cm Raleigh Timet bike. Is anyone interested or should I add it to my stable?

Regards

I've got a standard tube Ti IMI titanium frame with frame builders certificate. I emailed IMI for more info on the material provided without success. I'm led to believe that the IMI ones are superior to the Timet ones structurally.
There are still some of these frames(NOS) kicking about in Belgium/Holland from research earlier this year as I was looking for a smaller one for my son.
I've never ridden the timet or the dynatec model but I'm 15stone & this frame is as stiff as you like & the welding is superb.

RSP TIMET 58 I THINK (oval down tube)

I have one! bought from a friend of a friend(twickenham cycle club) who has since passed away as my first roadbike (mtber).
very stiff frame more so now it has a new shimano compact chainset and bb added. I am 6' 2" and thirteen and half stone so i'm no weight weenie
has full 9 speed ultegra mavic kysirums look carbon forks etc not that light few marks on lever hoods but it was a bargain.
it has not one mark on the frame can't understand why you would need to clean it other than with soapy water.
it seems a nice ride to me and looks evil.
have pics and may sell whole bike as i am in market for alpine climber.

ps the welding is art

regards ade

I've got an M-Trax Ti-9000R road frame sitting in the loft waiting for inspiration. I bought it off e-Bay a while ago and I'm pondering what to do with it.

It's also got an IMI Titanium badge, but has a steel seat tube and stays.

It's quite odd - looks like no Raleigh I've ever seen, the transfers are a bit weird and I don't remember the model but it is real.

I've got an M-Trax Ti 9000R frame in the loft with two IMI tubes, the rear triangle is Cro-Moly. I'm still tyrying to decide what to do with it.

Raleigh TIMET Frames

I have one of these from new, my LBS actually talked Raleigh into replacing a second-hand one that cracked across the lever bosses (remember them) on the down tube. That was a polished frame, the replacement is painted. Looks a bit tatty now. Still a very light & comfortable frame but I went from that to a Ridley Boreas about 3 years ago and the difference was amazing.

The Ridley is only a little lighter but feels much stiffer, the biggest difference being the integrated 1 1/8" headtube/headset/fork combo. It's gives much better cornering, more than I've got the nerve for! Kept the Raleigh going for a while as a second bike tho & it was notably far more comfortable on bad roads. It has a Mizuno 1" carbon fork, maybe something stiffer would improve cornering? Just remembered I did the Wicklow 200km ride on it & had no trace of back ache, shoulder ache etc at all.

Anyhow, hanging in the garage for a few years & was thinking of selling but not sure now after reading this thread, in fact working out how to get it going again now!

Latest posts

Back