1991 Marin Team Titanium - finished 18-08-13

Re: 1991 Marin Team Titanium

Wow my dreambike! Still remember that ad have read that catalogue a 1000 times but ended up with a pine mountain.....

Lovely bikes, these. Yes litespeed built..

I had the pleasure of riding a lap @ mayhem in my old one a couple of years ago, and the ride was fantastic...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 1,074

Glad you got this one I know you have been looking for a while! Its on my "hope to one day own" list aswell so I'll be watching the progress with interest!

Doug

I love these Marins I had a Pine Mountain of the same year (i'm after one if anyone has one for sale) It was a lovely ride and did me well for years in various forms from Race bike to commuter and tour bike

What a nice bike and project :cool:
1991… the first year for a Litespeed welding ;)

Finished this last night in time for the Surrey National.

You are right Steve - these are great riding bikes :D

The forks gave me a bit of hassle - the steerer had been cut down for the impact headset so I couldn't use the XC Pro and Ritchey hanger that I wanted, so it now has XC Pro Lower bearing and a impact upper bearing and one of those 'hang doggy' knock off hangers, all of which works great.

I think its pretty near to the one in the picture - thanks to Gil_m for another splendid set of decals :D

Will give it a clean and take some pics with a set of Marin Rockstars soon, long term I am going to go for rm17/XT wheels and shimano rear gears (i.e. ones that work :LOL: )

Few pics when I got it back;

Back