1997 GT Tequesta

BobCatMax":3e4rrf1j said:
the wheels are not original Paul. Currently sporting 7-speed deore STis with a 6 speed block at the back. I'd like to put it back to 8 speed back and compact triple up front. I have a rear wheel with an 8 block on the back for the time being but am desperately in need of a crankset...whatcha got??
Would you belive i have half a crankset ! i have pretty good chainset but the owner of the bike it came from must have had odd legs coz the left hand one 170 and the right 175 ! they dont match either tbh but drop me a pm if the chainset is any use :D
Cheers Paul.

Nice bike, hope the restore is complete, wondering how you found working with the old stem - I have got my hands on a 1992 Pantera. With the original stem probably rusted in place. Not sure if it's relevant but would you have any advice on getting it off. (So I can work on the headset either new bearings or replacement.)

Some photos of the aluminium stopper/bolt now rattling around between base of the Orange stem and the bottom of the steerer tube.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nevermindt ... 824799740/

Again not sure if this is an area of your expertise but am guessing it might be someones:

1) Guessing my bike would have had a Deore LX rear derailleur. Anyway know this for sure?
2) The front brakes are V Brakes which means they can't be original parts as I think these kicked off in about 1996. The rear break is an EXAGE mountain caliper brake.
3) I bought this bike along with two others and a load of bent wheels and old parts for £20 locally. I suspect the Araya silver aluminium rims with quick release are the most likely original wheelset.

It seems that the only stuff I can find online about the bike indicates Suntour components but then some pepole mention Euro spec was Shimano and I think a lot of the LX parts on the bike were original. Sorry to bump your thread!

wow, way to spam the forum. I appreciate you want some help but posting the same thing in 20+ threads at once...?

@shinobi/Paul - the wheels are pretty chunky and non-quick release, so I've swapped them out for some I have in the cave. Rear is fine front is not. Is that just the rim you have or an actual wheel? what STX bits do you have? anything that looks like a set of shifters??

BobCatMax":7ygfqtfi said:
wow, way to spam the forum. I appreciate you want some help but posting the same thing in 20+ threads at once...?

@shinobi/Paul - the wheels are pretty chunky and non-quick release, so I've swapped them out for some I have in the cave. Rear is fine front is not. Is that just the rim you have or an actual wheel? what STX bits do you have? anything that looks like a set of shifters??
Hi mate
just a rim on that one , are you going 7 or 8 speed ? i know i have set of shifters in 8 speed ,they are the plain type ie without chrome brackets , i have that half a chainset and im pretty sure i have a pair stx / lx type vs . your welcome to dive round and have a look im only 5 mins away :D
cheers Paul.

I've gone 8 speed. I've got a Mavic 231 on a parralax hub that i've stuck an (XT, haha) cassette on, which will do for the time being. The shifters would be lovely if that's ok?

I'm umming and aaahing about the crankset - I've changed my mind, and I think i'd like a black LX one, as the current black one looks good on it, I just need it in a compact flavour. Might have a look at the V's too as i've got 2 pairs but god only knows if they're complete :LOL:

might have a little bit of time on the way home from work tomorrow, if you're about?

BobCatMax":1n5jygj1 said:
I've gone 8 speed. I've got a Mavic 231 on a parralax hub that i've stuck an (XT, haha) cassette on, which will do for the time being. The shifters would be lovely if that's ok?

I'm umming and aaahing about the crankset - I've changed my mind, and I think i'd like a black LX one, as the current black one looks good on it, I just need it in a compact flavour. Might have a look at the V's too as i've got 2 pairs but god only knows if they're complete :LOL:

might have a little bit of time on the way home from work tomorrow, if you're about?
Hi mate
im home from 6.30 to 7 ish depending on traffic if thats any good ?

Cheers Paul.

d'oh - didn't get around to that PM Paul - you around this weekend at all?

fantastic present in the post this morning at work

968865_10153061160890436_543582623_n.jpg

massive MASSIVE thank you to Coomber

Back