Swinley Forest - Bracknell ride - 11am Sun July 28th

Southwest trains are good unless you transit on the Alton or Effingham lines around Guildford.

Which means anyone coming from Waterloo direction should be sorted.

Did you get rain last night? If it was the amount dumped over here then it should make the trails interesting!

Did get a good dump of rain last night - but sun is already out here and the ground seems to have sucked it all up - warning for those using a sat nav - the post code doesn't work too well. Look out for signs for "discovery Center" or "coral reef".

Quoted from their site :
Navigate To
Press the arrow for the next page
Select Latitude / Longitude
Type in our co-ordinates: N 51.388, W0.74
We are opposite Coral Reef near the junction of Nine Mile Ride (B3430) and the A322.

It sure did rain...........from about 7pm, pretty hard for a few hours. The new hardpacked trails will be alright........... I'm gonna risk it on Race Kings ;-)

Was very good - although I though some of the nastiest bits of the blue we're in the first five mins - especially as I decided to follow you for a second run! Gave up with jelly legs after the first 2 sections and had a bacon sarnie instead :)

Top afternoon chaps thanks for coming along - and thanks to reluctant and Al-onestar for the light guiding duties.

Kudos to Purley for the combination of a full face helmet and rigid forks.

And a small consolation prize for Whatley that I've just found on CRC

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=9493

Well done Secret Squirrel, it was a good call. I had my doubts about the venue, having read so much negative press on the web, so I was glad to see that the development of Swinley into a more professional but perhaps less elite venue has been a success. It is unusual in this day and age to find a leisure venue that is effectively free too.

The blue section seemed quite tricky at first, until you got into the flow of all those berms (a first time for me), but the red sections were quite a technical challenge. However, when we went back on to the blues at the end it seemed so much easier and became fun rather than challenging. I can see how with practice and familiarity the speed would climb.

Thanks for having me, it was a blast, all be it a strenuous one. I think my knees and wrists are going to be somewhat stiff tomorrow. :oops:

:LOL: 2 out of 5 geeks didn't chicken out of the drop off although to be fair, we should let Purley off.

He was man of the day - fully rigid (oo-err) and wearing a motorcycle helmet in warm conditions. He didn't fall once. Props and skillz!

Cheers to Reluctant for leading the way. I could catch him on the climbs but he was a whippet downhill. Best bits were:

Keeping up with the youngster on his 1999/2000 Kona Chute. Quote one of his mates "oooh look he's being chased by his team-mate" :LOL:
All of us re-doing that bit of downhill with the table tops - defo showed we still had it ;)
The unmistakeable sound of secretsquirrel "having fun" at the corner I came off at last time in the Labyrinth after I'd shouted "this is where I came off".
Stacking it on the first corner of the red downhill section in front of everyone :LOL:

I was having so much fun on the Manomano I couldn't help go for that extra blue loop and if I had the time I would have gone red again as well.

secret_squirrel":3he9owau said:
Was very good - although I though some of the nastiest bits of the blue we're in the first five mins - especially as I decided to follow you for a second run! Gave up with jelly legs after the first 2 sections and had a bacon sarnie instead :)

Good work for giving it a go although a bacon sarnie was a good call. My tummy was rumbling like billy-o by the time I got back onto the train. Speaking of which, I guy on a modern suss got on as well. 29er - it was f8cking huge and dwarfed my horse. I know which I prefer!

Let's do it again soon, there or somewhere else.

Back