Orange Five

Spec list will be as follows when finished.

Frame: Orange Five 18"
Shock: Pushed RP23 190x50

Fork: Rockshox Revelation RLT Ti

Headset: Chris King NoThreadset
Stem: Hope 70mm 25 deg rise
Handlebar: RaceFace Sixc Carbon Riser - 730mm
Grips: LizardSkins Peaty

Brakes: Hope Tech M4
Brake Pads: Hope Sintered
Brake Hoses: Hope Braided
Brake Levers: Hope Tech Levers

Shifters: SRAM X.0
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur: SRAM X.0
Derailleur Cables: Sram PitStop Flak Jacket
Cassette: XT 10 speed 11 - 36
Chain: KMC X10SL
Cranks: RaceFace Atlas AM
Chainrings: Middleburn Slickshift 24/36
Bashguard: Hope Lightweight Bash Guard
Chainring bolts: RaceFace
Bottom Bracket: Hope External - Ceramic Bearings
Pedals: DMR Vault

Hub Skewers: Front Maxle, Rear Hope
Rims: Mavic EX721
Hubs: Front - Hope Bulb, Rear - Pro 2
Nipples: DT
Spokes: DT Competition SS Black
Tyres: Schwalbe Nobby Nic Performance 2.4
Tubes: Schwalbe

Saddle: Selle Italia Flite Gel Flow
Seatpost: Thomson Elite
Seatpost Binder: Salsa Fliplock

BertR00t":1swofvf3 said:
The RaceFace SixC that are on them are 725 wide and suit me perfectly.

725's, they look wider than that. At first glance I thought they were about 760+. Must be the angle they're on.

Nice looking bike. Liking the red on grey colour scheme :mrgreen:

trickylad":10q71f9a said:
Mine arrived today...

I found garden wire the best way to get the cables/hoses through the swingarm. Getting the wire straight was a pain. Also on the hose side try and push the hose through with the grommet in place, braided hoses are an issue as they are a very tight fit.

6ADB1670-7E5B-4BC1-8F61-31E5405CC984-2163-00000095EC6BF6BA_zps29ca8f50.jpg

First ride yesterday and the shock is a bit springy, i.e. not damping enough on the rebound. Other than that size is good and feels nice to be astride it.

Got the shock back off TFTuned today and went to work on it. Rode really nice but the saddle felt sloppy. Turned out my seatpost head was coming unbonded. Mate works at an importers so picked me a Thomson up for it tonight. Been out again on it and feels a lot more solid now, shock works perfectly in the frame. Absorbs small bumps, stairs and a few drop offs off short walls very well but need to try bigger stuff on it now so hopefully out somewhere decent next week. Can't do anything this weekend as my daughter is doing a triathlon and got a 50th birthday, etc so cannot give it a razz this weekend really.

Loving this now. Had a good week on it. Running the shock a bit harder over the last few days and seems to be working more how I like it. Need to swap the bearings on the front wheel as there is some play so will get that done in the next few days.

null_zps3e4781e0.jpg

null_zpsd4a13e03.jpg

First rain in ages tonight so went for a razz in it. Loving it, feels a lot more raw than the Trek was.

null_zps21244781.jpg

Back