Official Retrobike Moutain Mayhem Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do whatever is required for the team, but my personal preference is to ride more during the day (as I hate night riding!).

I'm riding the DBR TT - needs new cables, chain and cassette before though, especially after tonights ride!

I'm also bringing at least one Yeti although it/they will probably stay on the stand, unless its really dry and sunny :oops:

Need some advice on lights - don't want to spend loads. Any suggestions?

MadCowKev":3slz4v3q said:
Need some advice on lights - don't want to spend loads. Any suggestions?

My BLT was IRO £25/30 from Wiggle towards the middle/end last year. Its sufficiant on its own, but 2 would be prefered for hardcore off-road night rides. I'm happy with it though.

shamelessly robbed from stw...

LED light for helmet light
cree wf-606a from dealexetreme.com
about 12 quid delivered.
so good that about 5 of the guys i night ride with asked me to get them one.

Think I am going to get one for me ed. Prolly need some cheap bar lights too. Search on stw and there are loads of light threads.
Seems cheap halogens are the way to go fro brightness, but have weight issues. LEDs/HIDs for more expense.

Are you still able to bring a spare for me Andy?

I'd feel happier night riding at speed with 2 x lights!

oh, just a note, I use a L&M HID 12W and it is awesome. But it bloody well should be for the price :?

Certainly have all the bits John, as long as connectors haven't corroded and cells not dead. Will check them out..but you are more than welcome.

I have only ever freestyled with one light tbh

gump":2uciir2g said:
Certainly have all the bits John, as long as connectors haven't corroded and cells not dead. Will check them out..but you are more than welcome.

I have only ever freestyled with one light tbh

Cheers Cap't ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back