Mondonico Diamond SLX frameset 51cm x 53cm (c-c) SOLD

American Friend

Retro Guru
Mondonico Diamond SLX frameset 51cm x 53cm (c-c) SOLD

I bought this stunning frameset directly from Antonio Mondonico in Concorezzo Italy in 1995 (the original receipt can be supplied). The workmanship is flawless as you would expect from Mondonico, and the pearlescent white finish and chrome are drop-dead gorgeous. The frame is straight, and there's no rust or dents or dings. There are some small signs of wear but they are only cosmetic. The tubing is Columbus SLX. Rear spacing is 130mm. The Cinelli Spoiler bottom bracket has Italian threading. Seat tube is standard 27.2mm. Includes the original Campagnolo rear dropout adjuster screws (both work fine). Lots of lovely Mondonico logo engravings.

I'm having a little clearout and looking for a quick sale, so I'm happy to let this beauty go for £340 (without the headset and bottom bracket), or £370 as shown in the pix with Record headset and Athena (111mm) bottom bracket. Postage extra. Cash on collection welcome (near Leeds).

Re: Mondonico Diamond SLX frameset 51cm x 53cm (c-c) for sal

What is the headtube length and what price for the frame with headset but without bottom bracket?

+1. Very nice :)

Thanks guys for the comments. It is a gorgeous frame. Mondonico made them by himself, one at a time, from start to finish, in a little workshop by his house (near Milan). He was a true master craftsman, with a long and impressive career in Italian framebuilding, and I was sorry to hear he (finally) retired.

Back