Suspension question

Raggy

Retro Newbie
Eveneing all, I'm new to the forum so hello to you all.
I have a Marin Team FRS, not sure of the year.
The problem i have is the rear shock started to leak after a rid ethe other day!! Now i was looking to get it repaired but having spoken to TF Tuned i have found out that they dont touch them and it would appear that nobady else does either. The shock is a Noleen NR3 piggyback i think.
So a new shock may be in order unless anybody on here can help with the repair of said shock because i would like to keep it original if possible.
Failing that i've been looking at a Manitou Radium Expert with lock out which has the same eye to eye measurement and the same stroke length as the Noleen, would this be suitable for this frame? If not any other suggestions would be appreciatedCant upload photos as the file sizes are to big

Thanks in advance

Andy

When you say Team FRS w. Noleen I'm assuming you mean one of these (there were several variations/suspension designs).

fullsize_MountVis_copy_5.jpeg

I would be very leery about using the lockout on any replacement shock on it. The suspension parts on most of the 90s suspension bikes weren't designed to take static loads.

That is the exact same bike as mine and same rear noleen suspension, however mine has marzzochi bomber mx comps on the front.
I understand what your saying about the lock out!! donr want to knacker it all together.
Thanks for all the help........

Be aware that if you send the Noleen back to the US, you will be liable to VAT when it comes back into the UK. So get Noleen to put the cost of the repair as the value, otherwise HMRC will estimate what you owe them based on what they think the shock unit is worth.

I found this out when a Chris King hub was returned after a FOC warranty repair. I had a BIG argument with HMRC, but still had to pay VAT. :evil:

.... plus if you do need to pay VAT, then the post officvew will charge £ 8.50 to tell you that, :mad:

Back