'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

My "hot pink" plan was eventually derailed :( . I got a paint code from DuPont (F2576) after quite a few emails and phone calls but it turns out this hasn’t been matched on the paints they use in Europe (no demand; can’t think why!) and in order to get the exact colour, DuPont would have had to send a colour sample to their facility in Belgium for colour matching for the total sales of 250ml…

I did get a rattle can of the closest available match (Imron® S4631) and sent Brian a sample but his SM800 was stolen the night after the sample arrived and he wasn’t able to get a photo of the two together! He did say they were close though…

I sprayed up some cards with the pink, but against such a vivid background my experiments with the Uni Posca paint pens looked swamped, plus the pink SM800 only came as a 24”/26”, so it wouldn’t have been quite “right”. I struggled to reconcile these two for a few weeks but eventually I decided to go with white as this would give the best background for the intended graphics, it is right for an SM800 i.e. 2x26” and as a nod to the hot pink I plan to paint the stem this colour (it will look hideous!) :LOL:. I also enrolled (press ganged) my brother into drawing the graphics as he’s storyboard artist at Aardman Animation and he drew them free hand in 5 hours.

Here we go... What do you think? Frame, forks, stem_LHS.JPG

Attachments

• Frame, forks, stem_RHS.JPG
    Frame, forks, stem_RHS.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 903
  • Headset.JPG
    Headset.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 903
  • Top tube.JPG
    Top tube.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 906
  • Head tube_underside.JPG
    Head tube_underside.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 905
  • Seat tube_RHS.JPG
    Seat tube_RHS.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 904
  • Drop outs.JPG
    Drop outs.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 911
  • e97336ea4c374a53456ff854b490d01d.jpg
    e97336ea4c374a53456ff854b490d01d.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 912
Last edited:
Decided against the pink stem then mate! Looks just stunning :cool:

Do you have most of the parts for the rebuild yet?

Where is the emoticon for 'pushing the envelope of cool'?

I showed it to the other half and she said "I want it. How much is it?" :roll:

Back