Cyclist v Cyclist collision (on road)

Being pragmatic and honest, i doubt you will get your preferred outcome. If your friend is able to identify the guys involved and he goes with CD i still think it could prove problematic and the CPS may agree with me. But, if he used the CD to ID the guy and proceeds with the Furious Cycling it may be better.

Getting compensation will, no doubt, be problematic too - if the culprit is located.

I understand where you are coming from but these days no one seems to take any responsibility for anything - i am a grumpy old man who remembers the good old days when justice almost worked and hospitals had doctors etc etc etc (going before i really rant!!!)

Richard

I do not want this to divert from the original discussion but .....

why has the paperwork quadrupled in the past 20 years? And the outcomes are more upsetting?

The interesting saving grace in Norn Iron at the moment is convictions for Riotous Behaviour - following the London / England riots, the courts here seem to be sentencing offenders to jail now. Should be interesting when the jails are full though.

Why am i getting to pessimistic in my old age?

Richard

The Human Rights Act has a lot to answer for Richard, its been twisted and warped into something which now exists almost exclusively to protect the criminal from justice. Would the lad in this instance have given out the abuse and scarperd if he knew justice was unavoidable? Probably not, so the system is clearly inadequate in my view.

The paperwork is immense, so by and large I don't do it, which endear me to my troops but not my guvnor. The administration involve in ordering a new belt is ridiculous, never mind trying to detect a crime. It's a stupid game designed only to feed this leeches with a vested interest, senior management, PCC s, the Criminal Protection Service etc. Bloody glad I'm close to retiring from it all.

ECHR is a nightmare - you are going to get a rant!!!!! Now that everything is ECHR compliant, the government are considering withdrawing from it - even thinking about this gives me a headache!!!! Personally i think that ECHR is a good thing but it fails to take into consideration the rights of the public as a whole - it focuses on the individual and has given too much freedom to people who are able to abuse their rights (i specifically did not say criminals).

The public expect the Police to enforce what they believe to be their Human Rights - this is not a Police task, but it appears to the public that the police are not carrying out their duty.

Can we go back to the days of the Sweeney please? <<<< joke with a jag

End of mini-rant!!

Richard

doctor-bond":3c40hocp said:
Amazing video: you are lucky not to have been too seriously hurt. How come you were filming at the time?

It's just a habit I've got into after a few too many close encounters where as a cyclist I am not afforded by others the time and/or space on the road as the law demands. Should (as in this instance) something go awry there is nothing better than an independent witness to clearly show what happened.

highlandsflyer":3c40hocp said:
Judging by the other films uploaded the man is on a bit of a mission.

I wouldn't say I'm on a mission at all Highlandsflyer, I just do not accept that cyclists should be treated as second class citizens on our roads and as such I make no apology for exposing instances of that. Nobody in any of my videos is forced to drive/cycle/park and place me in danger in the way they did, there is always a wilful or negligent choice on their part which is the primary cause.

Back