F418059 - Pace RC200 *Back Home 2023*

Re: F418059

Sounds like its taking shape nicely.
Funnily enough the USA was the only place I could find a silver Thomson post on the right size as well.

Re: F418059

Been a while updating this thread...

Well,I've managed to bag a near nos Rc35 mxcd fork-(thanks to ishaw :D ),so hopefully I'll get this fitted if I can find a king headset or a crown race for the dia compe fitted already.

What with the Brighton bigdog only 2 weeks away,I'm going to have to do a 'whatever I have in the garage' build til I can find the pieces that I would rather have on it.

Build wise,I'm now going with a blue,red and silver mix for the parts-(as many uk parts as I can) to keep in with the Union Jack colours. I know not everyone will like it...but....it's just how I had my F5 years ago.

Hopefully update the pics next week!

Another of my Unicorns! got to pay homage to the square tubed one !

this looks like its going to be special !
how many of us here have sold/given away bikes that we now regret ?

Bryncrug72":3jnjeocl said:
Another of my Unicorns! got to pay homage to the square tubed one !

this looks like its going to be special !
how many of us here have sold/given away bikes that we now regret ?
Sold this a while ago for a Charge ti duster :D

Re:

So you never finished it then? :? Pity. Mind you knowing some of the original production staff up the road. they had a plethora of warranty returns with these frames as they were extremely fragile!

Re: Re:

Wold Ranger":6ptfr17o said:
So you never finished it then? :? Pity. Mind you knowing some of the original production staff up the road. they had a plethora of warranty returns with these frames as they were extremely fragile!
Yeah,finished it,rode it to 2nd place retro pairs at the brighton bigdog 6hr enduro and the stiffness crippled me!
The charge ti duster is soooooo much more forgiving

Having sold this frame 10 years ago( and regreted doing so),which had been passed on twice in that time,TODAY it is back in my possesion!!!
Seeing the Pace bikes again at the malverns had got me wanting another pace. A search on ebay found an f5,which upon delivery turned out to be a dud,i was gutted so returned the frame. A new wanted ad went up on the facebook pace group and got a reply from someone offering their frame....it turned out to be this exact frame i owned all those years ago!!!
Now its 11 months to build a superbike for next years malverns!!! Parts are starting to arrive and going to be a cracker...Here's a peak at the fork tim at fork english built me from new parts😍

Attachments

• 063124E6-B2BC-4A2D-8B49-A8F8720A7A11.jpeg
    063124E6-B2BC-4A2D-8B49-A8F8720A7A11.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Back