Is this a Condor?

atb

Devout Dirtbag
Just bought this. Had a quick look, can't see a frame number.
Anyone know if this is a Condor? Or possibly just badged up by them, or whoever painted the frame? It's extremely well built and too heavy at 26lbs as pictured.
Thought it had a few similarities to a Dave Yates D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B.

Attachments

• eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva-10.jpeg
    eBay Image Hosting at www.auctiva-10.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 1,088
Well done on your purchase. I saw that on 'the bay', glad to see a retrobiker has it.

It certainly has the look of a Yates / M-Steel, but I don't think it's a DONKIS, as they are fillet brazed and your bike has a lugged BB and sleeved seat tube, much like the Diabolo.

I don't think it's a Diabolo either, as the seat clamp is in the wrong place. Although my experience is limited to my own and a few other I have seen, so it could be a variation based on parts available.

Can you post a picture of the frame number? If it's a Yates, then it will just be a four figure number on the underside of the BB. You can e-mail Yates and Debbie will let you know if and when they made the frame, but not much more in my experience.

Regardless, it's a quality frame and if it is a Yates, it will ride like a dream. I have two and they are both superb.

Thanks for your info.
I've had quick look for a frame number but haven't seen anything as yet. I'll have a proper look in daylight today.
This NOB appears to be sleeved, although the bb is fillet brazed.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... sc&start=0

I had already sent the photos to Debbie (before receiving the frame) but she asked for the number. So hopefully there is one and I'll know for sure who the builder is. Either way it's a really nice frame.

Dave Yates certainly did make frames for Condor, so it could be to their spec. Regardless, you've got yourself a really nice frame.

''very niiiice...''

hqdefault.jpg

Back