Gary Fisher Marlin hacktastic low budget

coomber

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Frame was £7 cheap on ebay about a year and a bit ago.. and local, so that's why I bought it, but it's sub 5lb and I am attached to it.
Been repainted red (not a bad job) and home made graphics before I got it.

After the mare I had with the orbit, thought I would clear some parts out of the garage, and things that weren't worth selling or keeping for a rainy day is going on this. A built bike is less room then a load of parts.

Here it was before:

Going to use this in the winter, once my knee is mended, so want big tyres, luckily has massive clearance

Put the wheel on back to front in my haste!

Re: Gary Fisher Marlin hacktastic no budget

Looking good ade , most of my favourite bikes are built with this philosophy

Scrap box builds rule

Mike

Its a 26.2 seatpost, took me ages to find one cheap, ended up buying one on ebay new for £2.90 delivered. Result.

Stem and bars cost me a tenner for both ages ago, saddle was free, reckon this will cost me less than a tonne all in.

I like bikes like this as they aren't precious...

Looks really good. Spare bit builds are the way forward. Looks a nice mix of retro niceness and modern functionality.

Top man , another no budget Fisher :D i reckon mine should stand me in about the same kind of money , Its great that you can build a cool semi retro bike for the price of a " gas pipe special " from Argos or Sports Direct :LOL: . chair is well and truly pulled up .
Cheers Paul

Looks nice, I wonder what tubing that is to give a 26.2 seatpost? Bit of an odd size?!

Bikes built out of leftover bits like this tend to be the most used, especially when the weather is bad.

Looking forward to seeing the end result. :D

On hold whilst the bottom bracket is reamed, as thread has a nice guage in it. Should be ready next week..

Nice stuff. Liking the saddle, looks very similar to a Charge Spoon.
I'm liking the matching frame and oven glove too :)

Lovely looking frame and a great parts bin build..................................... Just can't help thinking though that it would probably work a whole lot better if the rear wheel was in the right way round ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

kermitgreenkona88":3sf87gud said:
Lovely looking frame and a great parts bin build..................................... Just can't help thinking though that it would probably work a whole lot better if the rear wheel was in the right way round ;) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I thought he was going for a left hand drive bike ;) :LOL: .

Back