Kili Wot #2 - FINALLY!! A finished build photo!!

So what colour Saracen decals do I go with??

• Black

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • White

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: Kili Wot #2 - subtle rethink in the steering department!

Whoo-hoo! the eagerly-awaited 'proof' email from The Man himself... :D

...ooh, so near and yet so far! :cool:

Re: Kili Wot #2 - new day, new name...

Blimey, this thread has been bumped so many times I'm surprised that you haven't dented your frame Stevo.

One thing that I've never really understood about this is why you are insisting on badging it up and calling it a Saracen.
I understand that Saracen built the frame, or more correctly, it was built in the same factory in Taiwan that built Saracen frames.
It even appears to have Saracen stamped rear dropouts.

The thing is though, it isn't a Saracen. Nor is it a Kona just because it has P2s fitted.

I don't know why you can't be happy with the fact that it's a Carrera. There's nothing wrong with Carreras.
Unless perhaps it's brand snobbery or a dislike of Halfords. If it's the latter, then I'm sure that you know that for many years Halfords had Saracen bikes as part of their product range.

You clearly love this bike, and I can appreciate all the time, effort and money that you have spent upon it. It does look good.
But if you want a Saracen so much then why not just find one...?

It would be unfair to mention the lipstick on a pig analogy, because I don't think the bike is a bad one.
Maybe it's more like if I were to put a quiff and sunglasses on my dog and insist that he was Elvis Presley...

I just don't know.

(My dog is great by the way, and I've never dressed him as Elvis or any other singer or actor)

:LOL:

Like I said in the thread for my blue 'Saracen', the thought just occured to me that I could make it into the 'Saracen' that never was...

...and it just developed from there; perhaps if someone at Saracen had thought of the same idea they may not have foisted such a lamentable plethora of BSO's on an unsuspecting Public for so long!

Saracen also marketed several models based on the same frame design so when this one turned up I thought 'Why not? Let's do the same...'

I'd also much rather customise a bike rather than just follow the herd and trot out another XTR-equipped clone or catalog resto; hence green flouro' mudguards and a 160mm stem on my cro-mega (the mudguards are actually an homage to my lowly Falcon from BiTD...), Mozo Pro forks on more than one of my bikes when most consider them beneath contempt, an external BB on my spuriously (to some) '97 Explosif, now complete with disks and gold bling (!), and you should see how SWMBO's Stumphopper has turned out! :D no, that should be :cool: cos it's a little bit bright!

I shall do a photo' shoot for this one later next month when Karl comes down for the day and we go out for a scoot down to the coast in search of a suitable location...

...and thanks for the 'bump' BTW :cool:

...well, the intention was to go out for a pleasant ride on a nice sunny summers day and take some decent photo's of the finished bike;

Best laid plans of mice and men and all that...

...when one goes out for a ride with ones supremely fit 28-year-old son it tends to show up ones accumulated inadequacies! :facepalm:

The best thing that can be said is the red Wot looked bl**dy good in motion and he loved it; my '97 Explosif weren't bad neither...

...now I'm knackered; and he's barely broken into a sweat! :oops:

Re:

I can't believe the date of the last post in this thread was August 2013! :shock:

I'm ashamed to say, NONE of my bikes has been ridden since then either! :oops:

Been too busy actually MAKING money from my guitar micro-business (spot the trendy ref. there ;) ) to even think about unlocking the shed!

All my projects are pretty much finished, just some fine-tuning here and there as ideas pop in and out of my head, so I really should do some more photo's cos I've been thinking for a while that I REALLY should thin my collection out, and actually ride what I keep! :?

We'll see...

Re: Kili Wot #2 - STILL no finished build photo's...

Sorry mate but your ref was to small to notice :shock: :LOL: :LOL: ..
So your going to be thining out your collection eh! :facepalm: , now that's something i got to see to believe it :LOL: :LOL: and you should be ashamed of yourself neglecting those lovely bike all this time :shock: tut tut !! ..

Re:

Some final pics would be good.

Turn a pedal soon fella you need to see if it was worth all the effort!

Re: Re:

coomber":3absv55f said:
Some final pics would be good.

Turn a pedal soon fella you need to see if it was worth all the effort!

102_0384_zps30352ec8.jpg

Just found this in my resurrected Photobucket album! Must take some up to date photo's... :shock:

Back