Orange Clockwork project.

Jase your's does look like a classic late '91 model. The code confirms it. Also I think I read that frames where the wishbone stays join the seat tube at the same level as the top tube may have appeared in '91. Seat post size should indeed be 26.8 and front mech 28.6. Note that overtightening of the seat clamp on clockworks was not unheard of, so it might feel like a 26.8 is tight if that's the case on yours. The '93 I've been doing for my wife had this problem so I tried USE posts with both 26.6 and 26.8 shims. In the end I decided the 26.8 was a better fit as 26.6 was slightly too loose. Let me know if you're after a front mech as I'm sure I have a spare nos 28.6 deore lx somewhere.

Nice to see another old Clockwork frame OrangeJase. Looks the same age and style as mine (A309 A0163), may be. Mine has 93/94 decals, just to add to the confusion. http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=258101 Could date between '89 to '91. Good advice from Raymondluxuryyacht. Seat post size is 26.8mm, front mech clamp is 28.6mm. After a slight prang and having it stripped, blasted and power coated, I beefed up the seat post clamping by fitting an additional 31.8mm seat clamp on top of the tube – good and tight now.

Would love to have had the original Hot Rods and Stalk.

Look forward to seeing more updates on your rebuild.

Not alot of progress as yet but I have managed to get an XT groupset for it.Ialso have another very similar Clockwork frame which has the orange fade,I bought it to use as a guide when painting this one.I hope to get it stripped and painted in the coming weeks.

Back