Klein Aeolus 56cm 1995, Mavic, Ultegra

Status
Not open for further replies.
After just receiving a PM from you, im gutted for the genuine lady who sold it too you.

She was ever so nice, and I did explain the bike to her, and what she had, I did infact commit to purchasing the bike, at the weekend for an agreed price of £300.00, and only when a more suitable bike was offered did I wish her well with the sale.

Which given its a triathlon and TT frame in a large size with a very long TT, I felt was reasonable given the shape its in, and the fact it doesn't have the original fork or bars, and is a late Trek model frame.

Hoping I hadn't let her down, she explained another fella was coming to view this evening, which might achieve her asking price size permitting.

I wished her well.

Given you got the bike tonite and in a matter of minutes reposted all her pictures from Gum tree, and doubled your price, here amongst like minded fellas, and did it with out even having time to draw breath.

I don't give tuppance for the Bull Shit reason you are giving for selling it TBH.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly have no issue with some one who is genuine, and have Honestly made a mistake on sizing, and to be honest I don't even have an issue with people making a profit.

But this is in such BAD taste, im appalled to be truthful.

You havent even touched it, not cleaned it, not serviced it, and certainly put no effort into it, and you want to make DOUBLE YOUR MONEY from fellow retrobikers even without servicing and cleaning it.

Mate to be fair you are a chancer.

To Answer the question I have just received from you Via PM, no I don't think you can get that for a late Trek model Klein in this size with the altered Spec, in the condition its in.

As i said to Marianne, I "HONESTLY" think its £300 unless you break it for parts and then sell it, or at least put the time and effort into it to make it right and then, with the Correct 6Ft + time trial rider or Triathlon rider or someone wanting a cheap quality bike, its probably worth Mariannes Original Figure of £400 to £450. This is all they are making on Gum tree and Ebay, take a look.

And Please don't PM me again. Ruthless I can do without.

victorduraace":ces2lha4 said:
Okay, sorry I get it this is bad taste now crossed the border

Mate it really was. Put some effort to it, tidy it it up, do the work take the Photos. Find out about what you have and then sell it, you can make a profit, that's not the issue, but remember this IS RETROBIKE, we are all in the same boat.

I wanna come over and see it in person this weekend.
I will take my time and effort to clean it, take nice pics in a sunshine etc.
I really like that as a biker. I don't make a profit for bullshit or fun but for serious reasons like financing my university

I just thought it was a huge bargain as always... which it could be when right buyer is here.
But sometimes I don't really care about the style I re-sell with... or lack of thereof

Mate we get it, we all have bills to pay whether its Uni, kids, MORTGAGES or whatever.

we all have bills my friend.

But NOW what you have just said is you haven't even seen it yet and/or COLLECTED it yet, and you are sending out PMs asking for advice ref turning a profit to DOUBLE YOUR MONEY from fellow retrobikers, whilst using someone elses advert pics, and trying to double your money BEFORE you have spent any, and doing so, whilst the ORIGINAL sellers advert on this Forum isn't even cold YET.

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

victorduraace":27jmv3hw said:
That's to prevent from getting stuck with something I either won't sell or ride

Im sorry, but that's not good enough for me im afraid.

My original thoughts in my first post are just reinforced.

you are a blatant bullshitting chancer.

This is COMMUNITY, AND WHILST WE DONT ALWAYS SEE EYE TO EYE, YOU MY FRIEND ARE TAKING THE PISS.

victorduraace":sll0o3hq said:
the same
I bought it from previous poster but too large by little and now selling it cause I got Colnago Master Olympic on my hands and need cash

is the price right or am I asking too much?

your words, not mine.

I HAVE NEVER SUGGESTED A THREAD BE LOCKED, BUT IM CONFIDENT MEMEBERS HAVE BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED FOR LESS.

THIS IS CERTAINLY NOT IN THE GOOD SPIRIT OF RETROBIKE IMHO.

victorduraace":229n3tff said:
That's to prevent from getting stuck with something I either won't sell or ride

I hope that's not suggesting that you are now not going to turn up and let the original seller down as you can't turn a sneaky profit. If that's the case you really are a cock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back