old bikes

gibbleking

Old School Grand Master
here are two examples of some previous bikes i owned.the shogun was a rare team issue tange prestige jobbie which underwentwhite stove enamling ,custom built wheels(by me radial front and radial/snowflake rear)mavic front and rear mech and shifters,gold use seat post and tonnes more stuff.then it got stolen.insurance paid in full (thanks guys )and so i got the san andreas frame and spent a few months rebuilding the rest .being a poverty stricken student 1200 quid on just a frame made me feel fuzzy in the head.check out the rear mech ,i matched it with the front a short while later.mavic are so dammned exspensive but they are worth it.hope ya like em

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 1,322
  • Untitledkk.jpg
    Untitledkk.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,322
Love the Shogun. I've had one since starting Uni in '93. Served its time as my MTB/commuter/tourer. Been painted more times than I care to remember. I'm sure I will own it far longer than any other bike in my collection. Currently in bits, but will be rebuilt in the future...

the gt flip flop stem clicked and drove me nuts...ca any one guess the chainset on the andreas.hehehee

the inner ring is indeed a mavic ring ....but what about the campag chainset which model is it.....come on you can do it... :p :p

any body notice the sachs aris nickel plated sprint block at the back.try riding a mountain bike with 11-18 ratio on a 55 big ring.tried a hill in norwich near the prison got up to 60 mph on the road but had to brake hard at the bottem cos the speed bumps were making me jump quite a long way.the sannie was a very stable downhill bike at high speeds ..i do miss that bike sniffle.

Got to love student houses: calor gas bottles next to a fire extinguisher on a stairwell. Not an accident waiting to happen :LOL:

heheh they were the empty ones ...i just hadnt got round to moving them down 3 flights of stairs.....being a tudent i was only permitted to work 4 mins a week and this would have put me in to overtime and the students union would have had a fit.ps a few years later my bro had one go up in flames in his flat on the ground floor.the flames were white and 6 feet high .i had to get underneath the flames (not an easy thing to do ) and smother it with me padded work shirt .turnsout the valve in the heater had jammed.that was a new bottle(35kg of high pressure gas ) and if it had blown it would take out the house with 11 flats and the neighbours houses as well.i just had a singed shirt in the end.

Latest posts

Back