Educate me on the wonders of 29ers!

Dead Rats":2vhdzqjg said:
well worth a read:

http://mbaction.com/Main/News/26er-Vers ... -4713.aspx

Shoot%204.jpg

Thanks for that have read that one already...Think I am set on giving the 29er thing a go...just need to raise some funds by selling off some of the fleet/spares!

Still unsure what to go for...would like carbon but seems pricey defo going 2nd hand rather than new and I think hardtail rather than full suss...around 1k to spend on something 2nd hand....

monty dog":32dbcjep said:
Cf1xt2Vl.jpg

Whilst waiting for my new custom titanium frame to arrive, I managed to squeeze some Surly Knard 29x3" tyres onto my P29er - effectively creating a P31er!

I don't think that I've ever seen a seatpost with so much layback :shock:

Andy R":rp4qto67 said:
monty dog":rp4qto67 said:
Cf1xt2Vl.jpg

Whilst waiting for my new custom titanium frame to arrive, I managed to squeeze some Surly Knard 29x3" tyres onto my P29er - effectively creating a P31er!

I don't think that I've ever seen a seatpost with so much layback :shock:

I had more layback in my bmx seat posts of old...that bikes wheels just looks crazy large though!

Seatpost has 32mm of layback - because I'm running a shorter fork, it steepens the head and seattube by a couple of degrees so the layback puts the saddle where I like it. it'll all be rectified with the new frame which is designed to run a shorter fork and keeping a 69 degree HTA, and keeping the bars level with the saddle. Just been out for another blast - you can lean the whole thing over at ridiculous angles even though it's dry and sandy.

monty dog":27na8jdm said:
Seatpost has 32mm of layback - because I'm running a shorter fork, it steepens the head and seattube by a couple of degrees so the layback puts the saddle where I like it. it'll all be rectified with the new frame which is designed to run a shorter fork and keeping a 69 degree HTA, and keeping the bars level with the saddle. Just been out for another blast - you can lean the whole thing over at ridiculous angles even though it's dry and sandy.

I want a go!!!

greenstiles":1tqf5nck said:
i think very tall people will like them, just as the size of wheel goes up in hight for child, toddler, teen etc..........

I'm 6' 5", 29ers are one of the the best things that ever happened to me.

After purchasing my trek cobia, for the first month of riding it was absolutely incredible, i could only describe it to my friends as riding a horse, or riding a crosser.

Back in my teens, as equal became unfair, my last growth spurt left me to struggle in many parts of life, door frames, sitting on buses, clothing etc. But the 29er has brought me back to when everything was equal again, and now performance wise i completely destroy, up to date, every single equivalently matching cyclist. I knew i was butch...x

b_hazard@hotmail.com":15mzyjb0 said:
greenstiles":15mzyjb0 said:
i think very tall people will like them, just as the size of wheel goes up in hight for child, toddler, teen etc..........

I'm 6' 5", 29ers are one of the the best things that ever happened to me.

After purchasing my trek cobia, for the first month of riding it was absolutely incredible, i could only describe it to my friends as riding a horse, or riding a crosser.

Back in my teens, as equal became unfair, my last growth spurt left me to struggle in many parts of life, door frames, sitting on buses, clothing etc. But the 29er has brought me back to when everything was equal again, and now performance wise i completely destroy, up to date, every single equivalently matching cyclist. I knew i was butch...x

6'8" here, same deal down to the bike.

Apart from the fast bit. I'm still slow.

Back