Is this the right room for an argument ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
videojetman":1eo34rt0 said:
I'd rather be in a minority and be true to myself rather than join the " how fast can I get my post count up " brigade.

What really? People actually reply to posts just to get their count up? :roll:

:LOL:
(Mod's please delete this post and reset my count - it should be 483 after 3+ years btw :D )

Thanks guys :)

Funny I've been and am a member of sights that are supposed to be specific to things I've posted on here about, even about phones :oops: and have found that I'd get more luck if I went into the job-centre and asked them to fix my car :roll: on here there is someone, somewhere reading everyday that has experiences of practically everything and they are welcoming and helpful and I have been fortunate to benefit very much from it, so thank you guys :)

Alison

Thats the spirit, Encyclopaedia Retrobike...icus :LOL:

Now available in umpteen, quality bound in real worn out Panaracer Smoke tyre carcasses, editions, available to you in very reasonable installments ;)

Some of us don't care about post counts, differences of opinion, strongly held views etc as long as they re presented as just that rather than as pronouncements. I find that some trample on the well meaning or mistaken unnecessarily harshly.

And as for post counts, what difference does that make to civility? You can be polite with your first or last.

Re: Is the the right room for an argument ?

jonnyboy666":2pqavoib said:
i sometimes i wish the G+OT didn't exist, if every thread was about bikes and there was no room for religion/politics etc i think it would be an even happier place.

Sounds a bit like a John Lennon song Jonnyboy.

Get rid of G+OT and Retrobike becomes a generic old-bicycle forum...

Re: Is the the right room for an argument ?

Andy R":1aknht6x said:
But then I don't hide behind some anonoymous pseudonym, (I'm too old for all that anyway) and that makes it a lot easier to keep things in perspective - when I make a comment it's attributable to me, Andy R

Irony!

I think G+OT is as important a part of Retrobike as any other part, as grumpycommuter suggests, well I thinks he is, it makes it stand out from the crowd.

Alison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back