Pro cycling chat and Road CC Fantasy Cycling thread 2013

Just a bit...

Seems there was a problem with the sky team car, so they missed the the last feed stop :facepalm:

Still - bad day, plus 20s penalty, and he *still* increased his lead on Contador...

I do wonder what would have happened if they had got their food/drinks before the last climb - probably Mt Ventoux mk2..

Ritche Porte was still looking very strong on the last climb, tho - esp going back for stuff from the car and getting back to Froome.

Gah - actually out on my (road) bike ATM - sounds like the highlights will be worth watching !
I take it everything else is as expected?

On second thoughts - don't spoil the surprise!

Looking forward to seeing tomorrow evening how much effect having reflectors in his spokes and a set of lights will have on Cav's sprint.

Is there a reason why the final stage is, on the whole, non competitive with regards to GC places?
Bit bored at the moment, been for a short ride and i would usually be watching some motorsport about now but there is nothing on until the TdeF starts at 4.30 :cry:

Grannygrinder":2np5owq6 said:
Is there a reason why the final stage is, on the whole, non competitive with regards to GC places?
Bit bored at the moment, been for a short ride and i would usually be watching some motorsport about now but there is nothing on until the TdeF starts at 4.30 :cry:

I think it's purely done out of tradition - if the gaps are deemed to big to fruitfully scrap over. However, with tight GC margins I suspect there might be shades of Jean Robic and 1947 on the final day of a Tour!

David

I think there is a certain amount of the fact that the final stage is sort of the sprinters unofficial World Cup, so the other teams leave it to them to fight it out

No - 5 minutes is too much for anyone to male up - well except for Jens Voight.

They shouldn't test him for doping - possibly for cybernetics ....

Back