Is this the right room for an argument ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has really amazed me lately that certain mods have been adding to the bones of contention in certain threads,
I thought moderators where there to set a good example.
Might be a good Idea to remove the G & OT for a short while, then we can get back to talking bikes instead of bollocks.
In all seriousness there are some quite interesting threads here, but people are always looking for a platform to make a point.
I for one am considering giving retro bike a rest for a while.

Us mods (whatever our level of responsibility) do need to be careful we dont make a problem worse. But we are also ordinary members who get great enjoyment out of this site and are thus also allowed to take part. Be civil, have fun, take your fights outside and dont say/type stuff thats contentious unless you are be prepared to say it to someones face and deal with the consequences.
I'm a people watcher, I find you lot fascinating, life would be very dull without retrobike and the colourful cast of characters who inhabit it.
I salute you all :D

My post count now represents my favourite Aluminium Alloy, 7005 :LOL:

Re: Is the the right place for an argument ?

Barneyballbags":3cxeqoz4 said:
NeilM":3cxeqoz4 said:
Tongue in cheek ribbing is fine between members who understand one anothers sense of humour, but there are at least two members who I now actively avoid, wherever they post.

I know how you feel. There's one member in particular who I try not to engage with as he just seems like a bit of a know-it-all, "been there done that" kind of person.

Apart from that, I love the forum :D

This is so true.
I'm sure they know who they are.

I feel a bit sad now, as indirectly I've been told that practically everything I post on here does not belong here, maybe I don't either :(

Alison

If you want to be here Ali, then that's cool with me. There's an element of long term members who seem to think its their way or the highway.

And their attitude is disingenuous. They haven't the balls to name names. It's just insipid whining like a child

And i couldn't give monkeys if they named my name or not. Partly cos i don't care- this is the internet, and I can tell the difference between the web and reality- and partly because there's not a lot I could do anyway. Go running to a mod in tears? Sure.

They're little children who are throwing a tantrum because they've been helping themselves to sweeties and don't want to share. Just ignore the cowardly snivelling whiners and save your concern for the people that are worthy of it - if you want to come in here as a lover of old bicycles and talk rubbish then you carry right on. If the more established members don't like that then in sure they'd be welcomed with open arms on CycleChat :LOL:

Isaac_AG":219tdbd6 said:
I feel a bit sad now, as indirectly I've been told that practically everything I post on here does not belong here, maybe I don't either :(

Alison
I wouldn't trouble yourself actually,
The fact remains if your political, religious, mental state etc. doesn't fit the consensus.
Your basically fighting a losing battle.
I'd rather be in a minority and be true to myself rather than join the " how fast can I get my post count up " brigade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back