GIVING IT AWAY - '98 KONA CINDERCONE - NOW ONLY £150

JamesAlder

Dirt Disciple
I am desperate to sell this bike and can't believe it hasn't been snapped up already!!!!?

£150 OR ANY OFFERS!!!!??? I am desperate to sell this bike. OFFERS EXCEPTED. I know there's a recession on but still, this price for this bike, someone must want it. Much loved then dry-stored for 10yrs guys, don't know what more i can say.

This classic bike has been GARAGED & UNUSED FOR 10 YRS and is in fantastic condition. Race it, ride it or hang it on your wall! Also included are front and rear CrudGuards and mini-pump. Comes fitted with City Slicker tyres with the original Break & Enter tyres as spares. Pure vintage splendour ready for town or off-road use. Also ideal for fixed-speed roadster conversion, excellent frame.

£150. http://www.flickr.com/photos/94491880@N03/

Specs are as follows:-

Frame Tubing Material Chromoly, double-butted
Fork Brand & Model Rock Shox Indy C
Fork Material Aluminum/magnesium, triple-clamp crown

Brakeset Avid 1D-10 brakes, Avid AD-1.0 L levers
Shift Levers Shimano STX-RC RapidFire SL
Front Derailleur Shimano STX top-swing
Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore LX SGS
Crankset Cyclone CX, 22/32/42 teeth
Bottom Bracket Shimano BB-LP26
BB Shell Width Unspecified
Rear Cogs 8-speed, 11 - 30 teeth
Chain Shimano CN-IG31, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost Kona Race Lite
Saddle Selle Italia XO
Handlebar Kona Bulge
Handlebar Stem Tahoma Sonne IV
Headset 1 1/8" threadless Ritchey Logic
18-19inch size frame
Wheels :- Hubs Front: Kona OB-1, Rear: Shimano STX-RC
Rims Mavic X138
Tires Front: Kona Enter, Rear: Kona Break
Spoke Brand DT stainless steel, 2.0mm straight gauge

Again this bike has been GARAGED for 10 YEARS and is in great running condition. Priced to sell. First to view will buy.

£150. I'm moving overseas and won't be taking it with me http://www.flickr.com/photos/94491880@N03/

Sentimental attachment aside :) i believe £150 to be a bargain for a vintage Kona of this model and condition* That and i'm just desperate to sell it. I know there's a recession on but still, this price for this bike, someone must want it. Much loved then dry-stored for 10yrs guys, don't know what more i can say.

I live in Brighton

I could post it fine although i presume you mean to arrange a courier. Feel free to arrange whatever courier you feel is best.

hang on a second - you're expecting me to pay for the bike to be sent to cambridge as well as giving it away at £150? :)

Yeah of course and pop up and clean it twice a week too ;-)

Ha ha no I will cover courier cost just wanted to check your ok with boxing it up !

i have no boxing materials available to me to box it i'm afraid, i don't work for a bike shop or have access to bike boxes.

however i believe your courier would take care of it. i have no experience in wrapping bikes for transit you see . .

edit: sorry if i've got this mistaken - what do you mean 'box it up' ? with a cycle factory box? how do you box up a bike???

JamesAlder":2fxtl4xb said:
i have no boxing materials available to me to box it i'm afraid, i don't work for a bike shop or have access to bike boxes.

however i believe your courier would take care of it. i have no experience in wrapping bikes for transit you see . .

edit: sorry if i've got this mistaken - what do you mean 'box it up' ? with a cycle factory box? how do you box up a bike???

Boxing up a bike is simple, and would probably mean that you'd get a LOT more interest in it than if you were to just offer collection only.

First, go to your local bike shop (anywhere which sells bikes will probably do, so Halfords, Toys R Us, places like that too) and pick up an empty bike box. If you give them a ring beforehand they'll put one to one side for you. You could even try a Plumbers or Builders Merchants as I'm sure that a lot of Radiator boxes would do the job just as well. You live in Brighton so I'm fairly certain you have a bike shop or something suitable nearby.

Then pop to the post office or a shop which sells stationery, and pick up a roll of bubble wrap and a roll of parcel tape (around £4 for the whole lot).

Remove the front wheel, handlebars and saddle/seatpost from the bike. You don't need to remove everything off the handlebars - just take them out of the stem if you're able to do so.

Wrap the bike up with the bubble wrap and secure with some parcel tape. Slide it into the box (ooh err :oops:)

Wrap the saddle/seatpost, handlebars and front wheel up and slide them in alongside the rest of the bike.

Use the rest of the bubble wrap (if you've got any left) to pad out the box and stop the bike from moving side to side.

Close up the box and seal with parcel tape.

Job done!

I'm working in Brighton so could help out with transport back to S Wales or anywhere in between..

James, bike shops give bike boxes away free as it saves them having to dispose of them. There are several bike shops in Brighton although they can be a bit cumbersome to carry home through the summer crowds :LOL:

Back