Show us your S-Bikes /Sbikes/S'Bikes

Nothing new here. The 503 is still rideable and almost exactly like it is on page 1, but at 200lbs I'm afraid to break it. It also needs a new BB and this one won't budge.
The 728 is gone, I haven't started work on the proto and I also have a 500-series frame in a box, waiting until I get interested in working on bikes again.

IMO the Daytona (especially with the alu fork) lends itself perfectly to a restomod. It looks futuristic even today.
The 700C was developed purely as a competition bike. Personally I'd keep with that spirit. A bit of boutique, a lot of XT (it's a 1990-1991 model after all, so no M900 yet), maybe a Disk Drive or a racing number on the front.

Hadn't realised I missed posting pics on here
So my504 and its honorary cousin
P1040210.jpg

P1040195.jpg

P1040185.jpg

S&T

P1040220.jpg

Raging_Bulls":1xijq3nm said:
IMO the Daytona (especially with the alu fork) lends itself perfectly to a restomod. It looks futuristic even today.
The 700C was developed purely as a competition bike. Personally I'd keep with that spirit. A bit of boutique, a lot of XT (it's a 1990-1991 model after all, so no M900 yet), maybe a Disk Drive or a racing number on the front.

Hi Raging_Bulls
Looking forward to seeing the prototype frame being built up :D
I thought the Daytona was a older model than the 700C but was just something I always presumed never checked.
Have you any idea on the exact year they were built as the frames seem to be exactly the same ( both with Ubrake).

mikee":1xijq3nm said:
Hadn't realised I missed posting pics on here
So my504 and its honorary cousin

Very nice 504 and I like the Blue colour

Ah, never paid much attention to the photos, but I see it now. The black one has a Daytona sticker on it, the grey one a 700c sticker. That's what caused the confusion.

Basically they're the same model indeed. "Daytona" was the name given to all the aluminium hardtails with the square-tubed rear triangles. It's the name for the entire frame style really. The 700c was different from the rest of the Daytona frames because of the U-brake and the seattube supports that ran all the way down to the bottom of the main tube.
Your bikes are both the 700C model, but have different decals. I've seen both styles of main tube decals before, but the "Daytona" one on the seatstay is new to me.
I also know of only 1 other black 700c (the original UK demo bike), but that one was only painted black after having been repeatedly welded in the BB area.
I am tempted to say that the black one may have been bare alu when it left the factory ... but then again it may have been built to custom specifications.

As for the proto, I'm still trying to figure out what it is. Both FTW and Chris Herting claim they didn't weld that frame and nobody at Verlicchi knows it either, so it my have been built in Switzerland.
Seeing as it's obviously designed by Francesco Quinn, I'll probably send it to Herting for the welding work. After all, he did build the very first Quinn prototype.
Unfortunately that means it needs to cross the Atlantic ocean twice, so the shipping and customs charges will be huge.

However there's another catch. Herting asked if it was 6064 or 7005 aluminium and mentioned that they require different treatment.
If I can't figure out which alloy it is, I can only build it as a garage queen because it may be seriously unsafe to ride it. It may end up hanging on my wall as a bare frame ...

I know that the Sbike Daytona *** was sold in Black original in Germany
It was sold only with full campagnolo and was not cheap 5000 DM !! I got mine at the time secondhand when it was only 2 months old and less than 100 KM ridden as the guy needed to go to USA to study.

I have seen a couple of these for sale but never being ridden
I found this pic on the Net and this is how it was sold when new but with a Selle seat

Hope you get the prototype back on the road :D

Attachments

• large_sbikebennowa01.jpg
    large_sbikebennowa01.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 1,770
The black one has been adverised on italian mag later, end 1991-1992, i can check and if you need i can scan the ad.
It is the Fabio Cavalli version, with campagnolo group.
Maybe Francesco e Fabio started to separate their business?

I have a 700c frame that I belive it is 1990 and made for a race team. It has SBIKE stickers in reflective yellow :-D
It has not the daytona stickers, but in 1991 for sure they were called already daytona.

Sorry for low quality of scan, but this is from mid 1991.
dp9s.jpg

Just got back from Ibiza, one of the staff working at the Gran in the Marina has one of these:

c78080912e7ae15063a85061b39492f3.jpg

Never seen one "In the wild" before.

Hmm... wonder where my full suspension 728 went. Was hoping to see it here :-( I forgot who I sold it to and if they ever got it built up (seemed there was welding done at the seat-tube).

Back