GT STS-2 build advice - Fork choice/options

Re: GT STS-2 build advice/inspiration please

WD Pro":173u4t4z said:
I have some new (boxed / never fitted / with spares) black / black xyclones if you are interested ?

WD :D
I know, I keep trying to persuade you to sell me the spares. How much are you after, and I hate to ask, are you after any parts I could trade for them as money is tight with both kids about to be at nursery at the same time, which is going to be a crippling financial burden for the next year or so.

Fancy a yo eddy frame?

Resorting to pm (but as its late, it will be tomorrow :LOL:)

WD :D

Frame arrival is looming and I'm still not sure what to do. Strip mt team rts, go m952 or m739????????

M739 would suit it better, the gray of XTR wouldn't look right IMHO.
Remember to check for cracks inside and outside the BB shell and all the pivots! :p

Rampage":2lt57mzf said:
M739 would suit it better, the gray of XTR wouldn't look right IMHO.
Remember to check for cracks inside and outside the BB shell and all the pivots! :p
I'm kind of with you, but was thinking the grey would help tie in the fox forks at the front (if I go that way), and xtr grey cables might also help? Its a tough one as various builds look great in my head, I mean m970 is black, silver and carbon which could be a match made in heaven in theory, but I'd need to strip a bike to achieve that (though was contemplating going a bit more retro on the rts one day anyway).

I want to do it right once rather than build, rebuild, strip and repeat ad infinitum if you catch my drift.

Possibly then if you are using the grey fox forks! I'm too tired to try and imagine it at the moment!

Back