Alpinestars Al-Mega '92-'91 rewind

Re: Finally I got an Alpinestars Al-Mega

There are heaps of scrapes that don't show up in the photo so it's due a respray..

Calling all almega owners!!!! Can you tell me what bottom bracket goes on this for cleareance? 68/???

Went to the powdercoaters after 5 weeks and the frame still wasn't finished and what was done was shit quality and no apology either. What I got had overspray from bad masking and drips. Worst service ever, no wonder I'm building my own powdercoating oven. It's taken hours of work to clean up the mess sanding and polishing and I still have a bit to do in the middle so I can put on the last decal.

I've scored a set of brand new magura HS22 racelines which I'm modding to take the hs33-2 finger levers with the red dial, They should look nice on the frame. I also have some zoom Brahma bars and a DX group set.

This is what I've done so far...

null_zps5353c57c.jpg

null_zpsd6d86e16.jpg

null_zps1f8d3865.jpg

That just looks so right Donall

So much better than the Blue, thank god you didn't listen to advise :LOL:

10 out of 10 so far !

Alrighty then. Here is the final build which I've been riding around on. Goes like a rocket but will take a while to get used to the long handlebar stem and no suspension. Geez, I might even have to learn proper cycling technique again.

Came up a treat in the end with all the nos parts it looks like it came out of a shop. The general parts list includes DX groupset, Mavic XC717 on deore hubs, Panaracer smoke/dart, Flite saddle, Zoom Brahma Bars and Magura Racelines. Modded the original Racelines to take machined hs33 levers.

Love it... Love it ... Love it :D

One day I'm gonna have to own an Alpinstars and it'll have to be floro.

Brave move drilling out the cable stop to allow the Hydraulic line free passage, does look so much neater that having zip ties all the way down the top tube.

have you stopped smiling yet ?

Regards

Nick

TOP WORK. Excellent choices of components etc. I was planning on building one of these and would have done many things the same. Maybe one day I will. got 3 bikes to finish at the mo though :cool:

Back