• iscervo's 1992 Muddy Fox Alu Xtr Twinshock

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Rodrigues' 1989 Saracen Kili Flyer Comp

Votes: 22 13.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: BoTM July '13 - Muddy Fox vs Orange vs Saracen - Vote No

The History Man":1e1a57mx said:
Type, read, pause, read again, submit. No excuse.

You assume everyone posts, as you do. I rarely pause or proof read what I write, before hitting the submit tab; grammar police be damned. One pet peeve of mine, is being rude, and not sharing rationale or knowledge. Sinnerman always shares rationale and knowledge, which makes him ok, in my book, even if rude from time to time. We are all human, and can be rude to those we love and strangers, alike, given the right circumstance.

* I'm not proof reading or pausing before I hit submit.

Archemist":2zvhxe5r said:
We_are_Stevo":2zvhxe5r said:
Huh :?: it's a bog-standard '93 Quattro XT frame and was actually NOS when I got it; exactly the same as the photo' of the standard bike I used in the build thread??

Apologies I cannot find the tongue-in-cheek icon anywhere - is there an APP so I can add one?

I do (did) realise there's nothing like that really done to your bike. It was my sardonic comment on the comments prevalent in this thread :shock:

I like the idea, the theme, I particularly like the colour combination - like an Italian wearing browin shoes with his grey suit and I like the wit. little

:D

...or Jack Dee with his Doc Martins :cool:

BTW: whilst I caught your drift I thought it might be a little too cerebral for some! :LOL:

brocklanders023":29pnw4fq said:
The decals are not far too late, they're period correct if not a little streched :?

Rubbish.......... :facepalm: the later ones were stretched, hence my point, and given all your previous criticism of Orange decals on multiple previous threads im surprised at that comment from you to be honest.[/quote]

The later ones were not stretched as much as that and not as much as the ones you had done (as you make reference to me bringing up in the past). The font is correct, that is my point and is not rubbish.

The reason I brought it up in the past was because I was suprised you of all people would not get it bang on. ;)

Anyway, enough of that, back to the bikes as my vote's cast. :D[/quote]

So just for the record, are the decals incorrect REPLICAS of the original ones that were removed from the original bike or are they not,

I may be talking total Rubbish. but they certainly don't look anywhere near to me.

And to be fair Brocks, I wasn't banging on about your point ref "JUST" my bike or the size of my own replica decals, because they were matched in sized and spot on and that wasn't the criticism you made any way, no simply the colour of the Orange decal due to the ACTAUL fact the decal had so much gloss put on to protect a lowly clockwork from damage as a rider, and the multiple bikes that have been painted and refinished here on retrobike, which you also comment is "Not for you" on several threads I could mention. And yet this one can be Overlooked by you for its inaccuracies, as well as the fact it has been refinished, which you have frowned upon time and time again.

WHY IS THAT I WONDER.....lol

At least I can try and give an unbiased Opinion with out needing to blow smoke up a friends ass, for goodness sake.

But as you say back to the bikes.

GoldenEraMTB":wygku6h2 said:
The History Man":wygku6h2 said:
Type, read, pause, read again, submit. No excuse.

You assume everyone posts, as you do. I rarely pause or proof read what I write, before hitting the submit tab; grammar police be damned. One pet peeve of mine, is being rude, and not sharing rationale or knowledge. Sinnerman always shares rationale and knowledge, which makes him ok, in my book, even if rude from time to time. We are all human, and can be rude to those we love and strangers, alike, given the right circumstance.

* I'm not proof reading or pausing before I hit submit.

You both also build exceptionally fine bikes time after time...:cool:

What's floating the boat for the non Brits? I'm curious.

Double u trekker for me (but I'm a Brit). A fine month though well done all.

makster":yzt6hc15 said:
UU know it makes sense ;)

The red 80's Saracen would have been a strong contender for my vote....but a kitchen photograph for BOTM??

I know terrible picture in the kitchen, but it was late and dark outside.

I did try with the second picture, which I think is quite fun

Attachments

• saracen 2.jpg
    saracen 2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 383

sinnerman":u3aor0ti said:
brocklanders023":u3aor0ti said:
The decals are not far too late, they're period correct if not a little streched :?

So just for the record, are the decals incorrect REPLICAS of the original ones that were removed from the original bike or are they not,

I may be talking total Rubbish. but they certainly don't look anywhere near to me.

And to be fair Brocks, I wasn't banging on about your point ref "JUST" my bike or the size of my own replica decals, because they were matched in sized and spot on and that wasn't the criticism you made any way, no simply the colour of the Orange decal due to the ACTAUL fact the decal had so much gloss put on to protect a lowly clockwork from damage as a rider, and the multiple bikes that have been painted and refinished here on retrobike, which you also comment is "Not for you" on several threads I could mention. And yet this one can be Overlooked by you for its inaccuracies, as well as the fact it has been refinished, which you have frowned upon time and time again.

WHY IS THAT I WONDER.....lol

At least I can try and give an unbiased Opinion with out needing to blow smoke up a friends ass, for goodness sake.

But as you say back to the bikes.

Blimey, you really have got a bee in your bonnet tonight Sinnerman.

Nevadasmith is not a friend of mine in the sense we hang out, go for beers, talk on the phone etc. He's a chap I've done a few deals with and who has collected/dropped off trades so I've met him a couple of times. Much like quite a few other members on here. I voted for his bike because it's my favourite in the line up and a bike I'd love to have. Is that ok with you?

Yes, I have stated that having collected quite a few bikes during my time here and done ground up resto's I now prefer fully original bikes and am not that interested in getting my bikes repainted. Is that ok with you?

As for the decals... I've loved most of your builds, they are always of a superb standard with the Hardisty being a personal favourite. I mentioned the decals on your Clockwork way back when because they didn't look quite right to me and I know you always pay close attention to detail. It certainly was not a dig, that's not my style. I seem to remember you said at the time you'd done it on purpose so fair enough. Quite a few people got the same painters you used to then do their Clockworks and the decals looked slighty off on theirs too imo so I might have mentioned it. Can't be bothered to search back as it was ages ago and I don't really care if I'm honest. don't know what you're on about with the colour of the decals? Unless that was yours on ebay the other week?

Back