Fixie Inc Betty Leeds road bike

i-am-iron-man":2cpjmmry said:
oldmuthariley":2cpjmmry said:
which model / paint scheme?

I thought an Emma at first but going for a Marcelo. Paint will be based around Osei but I'm going to have it Dario-ed up to reflect some farmer / dead bird-related stuff I once saw when I was out on a ride.

Super duper nice...

i'll pop up a picture of my rourke - blue is the colour :cool:

Ooooof. Wraparound stays? - I am sold.
What finish are the stays? - brushed or polished?

I'm thinking: a bike as pretty as that is asking for a prettier stem, although as I write this I can't think of any suggestions. Is it possible for Rourke to build one and paint it the same colour as the frame?

Yep, wraparound stays - brushed 953.

Stem wise i agree - i have a lovely Tune stem that i'd like painted to match.
I asked to get it done at the time but was dissauded due to the fact that i may be changing stem lengths.

I'm very comfy with the 110 stem on it - so length wise it's good.
New wheelset on the way - so the black wheels are up for sale......

A steel stem built to match the frame should be painted to match the frame.
A black Tune stem would look perfect as it is. I'd want the graphics to remain intact - I wouldn't paint one of these.

I had no idea I wanted a Tune stem up until just now. I really should stay away from interweb forums.

i've got a black one and a gold one!
Gold Tune hubs are arriving in a day or two - 270g for front and rear - laced with black spokes to older version Mavic OP ceramic rims - hopefully should be around 1350/1400g for the wheels :)

If your black one is 100mm I can think of a good home for it...
You would not believe how much thinking I put into not buying that yellow Landshark off you. I was going through all the redundancy stuff at the time but I thought the frame was perfect. Why did you sell? For the sort of money you were asking I'd have just hung onto it. Forever.

I've just bought it from you on ebay. Then I saw this topic on here! I must admit your Rourke looks nicer - a well proportioned bike.

How tall are you? And what's your saddle height?

I think I might struggle to get it to fit to be honest (I'm 6'2"), although I'll be running it with a load of saddle setback and a 130mm stem as per my current bike - we'll see!

Also, any comments on the ride? I'm hoping for something a bit stiffer/lighter/quicker than my Genesis.

DJT21":3a1925jc said:
I've just bought it from you on ebay. Then I saw this topic on here! I must admit your Rourke looks nicer - a well proportioned bike.

How tall are you? And what's your saddle height?

I think I might struggle to get it to fit to be honest (I'm 6'2"), although I'll be running it with a load of saddle setback and a 130mm stem as per my current bike - we'll see!

great stuff - i've just got back in after being stuck on the M6 for 5 hours :facepalm:
I'll get the packaging sorted and let you know when the courier's been booked.

Height wise i'm 5. 11 but with long legs and shorter arms - saddle height is around 75 from memory - with a 130 stem it might be just right?

cheers and thanks for the purchase!

J

Latest posts

Back