Dave Lloyd 753 ???

Good on coming clean Gio, I'm glad that Carl came up trumps on some info on the model etc, I thought he would.

What's your plans for paint?

nevadasmith":6xdesu27 said:
Good on coming clean Gio, I'm glad that Carl came up trumps on some info on the model etc, I thought he would.

What's your plans for paint?

Thanks Adrain.

Paint scheme I am going to keep close to my chest for a little bit longer I'm afraid :)

painter09":1fzpezc1 said:
Giom6":1fzpezc1 said:
Yep, so to speak :)

Just be rest assures the paint will be special....
oh ive already booked my chair and popcorn for this one
:D

I hope its a big bag :)

Argos reckons on about ten weeks for the work so it might be some time :|

painter09":1226sb64 said:
the cats out of the bag so to speak :D

BOOM BOOM!

What makes you think it's not a CATS?

Not saying that it is, as we discussed elsewhere custom bike builders build custom bikes, but just because it is 1990 does not necessarily mean it's not a very early CATS, as we know Dave was already using 753.

Whatever, nice to have another Lloyd within the RB fold.

NeilM":n240oaj1 said:
painter09":n240oaj1 said:

BOOM BOOM!

Not saying that it is, as we discussed elsewhere custom bike builders build custom bikes, but just because it is 1990 does not necessarily mean it's not a very early CATS, as we know Dave was already using 753.

I was told by a member here that CATS didn't get produced till 92. I think Carl has proved thats not true, but it doesn't matter either way really. Its a custom built 753 fillet brazed frame and thats what counts :D

Giom6":3w52ih8v said:
NeilM":3w52ih8v said:
painter09":3w52ih8v said:

BOOM BOOM!

I was told by a member here that CATS didn't get produced till 92. I think Carl has proved thats not true, but it doesn't matter either way really. Its a custom built 753 fillet brazed frame and thats what counts :D

Guilty as charged on that one Neil :oops: I wasn't convinced by the assumptions of it being a CATs earlier on this thread based on some of the reading I'd done when I had yours, suggested that Gio contacted Carl for his opinion.

nevadasmith":hw51uyqb said:
Guilty as charged on that one Neil :oops: I wasn't convinced by the assumptions of it being a CATs earlier on this thread based on some of the reading I'd done when I had yours, suggested that Gio contacted Carl for his opinion.
You could still be right Adrian. I was quite careful to say in my original post that is could be a CATS.

I think when it comes to custom frame builders, there are very few absolutes.

Back