1997 Santa Cruz Heckler: Updated Page 16

Re: 1997/1998 Santa Cruz Heckler: Semi Finished!!

Mindmap3":pk8rakfv said:
Looks good mate.

All the silver stuff together works really well. Have you ridden it much?

Yeah I uses it almost daily... Have Taken it up ashton court and leigh woods trails in bristol when I've had the time, but its mainly just been my 'fun bike' lately and has been used for commuting and seeing friends now that the weather is scorching

carter711":46poqzm8 said:
That. is. well nice. Except for the seat angle.

Cheers. And the seat angle is just preference I suppose. Its how I got used to riding my bikes back when I was at school so I thought I'd have it like that again. Feels like your cruising ;)

Never mind the seat angle isn't the seatpost facing the wrong way? :shock:

lovely!

Mate, i have an Heckler too from 1997, do you know rear shock spec?
Maybe 7.875" eye to eye x 2.25" stroke ???

Many thanks!

valleyman":1nug1oud said:
lovely!

Mate, i have an Heckler too from 1997, do you know rear shock spec?
Maybe 7.875" eye to eye x 2.25" stroke ???

Many thanks!

to be honest i cant remember now, but im sure it says the eye to eye length on the thread somewhere i'll have a look for you....

SEANSTEPHENS":38oo8dqq said:
coomber":38oo8dqq said:
From ebay! Was watching that. Nice find.

Your original build looks ace so this should be a nice addition if your brakes bosses are better on this one.

What size is that shock by the way?

i thought id snap it up pretty sharpish, was the frame of any use to you or is it just the shock you were after? i make it 200mm eye to eye length.

yeah its gonna take a lot of work to get it up to the standard of my heckler as its in mint condition (almost) and the new swing arm does have some battle scars but ive got it detatched from the frame and have been working on it all morning.... its allready coming along nicely :D

sean

there you go, 200mm... i know its not in inches but i hope thats of some help to you. stroke i dont know im afraid but maybe someone on here can help

sean

Many thanks mate!

200 mm correspond exactly to 7.875"
I'm pretty sure they are the right specifics, anyway i let you know if i have news...

Back