90's Hybrid/Cross bike thread.

Hi Guys, I have just tonight got the BB out and Headset in, although I think I might change out the Logic Headset for a black Tange passage that I have on my Lejuene which I need to change out for a polished Tange Passage that I have in my drawer?? Hope that makes sense.
Thought it would be straight forward with a 1 inch headset, but it turns out the Ritchey logic has a fork bearing race of 26.4 internal and it turns out the Innova is 27.0 so I got another race and it will work,just does not feel right.
I was hoping to have it all put back together enough to test in about a week but it looks like I need to order a BB in then I am on holiday . . . . I will let you guys know how I am going on it,
Lets see some pics guys there must be enough interest out there to keep this thread going?
Thanks for all the replies, talk soon. Paul

Great topic! I am the proud owner of a 1992 Koga Miyata fitted with Deore XT/DX spec and with a highend steel frame. It even got a Syncros bar. So not all Hybrid bikes are low spec. This bike was hardly used since the original owner was more into mountain bikes... It is just as new.

Not quite as interesting as the above but here's my effort:

1992 Giant Expedition - triple butted frame with LX.

giant_explorer_1_341.jpg

I went modern . . . .
Silk Road
Carbon contact points
SRAM Force
Avid levers and shifters
Spynergy Carbon wheels
Result: it is only a GREAT ride.

But, so is my 'Ballooned' Dekerf Generation.

I wanted to have the 'Ultimate' Hybrid, I already had it in the shed.
I went modern, WHY!!!!!!!

Hi Guys Thanks for the replies, there is some very nice bikes coming out of the woodwork.

dalecooper . . That is a very nice bike I did not know Koga made this sort of bike . . . though in thought of course they would have!? I like the fact that they went so far.

andy_kingcab . . That bike is Crazy cool, looks fast I bet it is too. Nice bike man. Does it ride hard with the curved seat tube putting you more over the back wheel?

legrandefromage . . Your giant is what I am aiming for with this frame, pretty much the same component choice too, I also really like the colour too. Your bike looks like it has done some comfortable miles? This may be a stupid question but is your frame steel?

joss . . I love that spent a bunch of money on a mouth watering build and you are still thinking of a retro bike hanging in your shed, that says it all really doesn't it?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;) .
Classic post joss, Thanks.

Again to all that have posted Thanks, lets keep 'em coming.

I'm strangely drawn to these. It's the kind of "early 29er" look that I like. Especially have the hots for that alpinestars. Cool colours, cool bent seat tube, big wheels. what's not to like?

What kind of tyre clearance does it have?

Anyone interested in these type of things, there's a GT arette on ebay with BIN...

Rollo

Back