Helmets Save Your Bonce

We_are_Stevo":j9hry8sa said:
highlandsflyer":j9hry8sa said:
While she was slapping your head no doubt.

Touché...

:LOL: Gotta love ya some of the time! :LOL:

:LOL:

Last one from me tonight.....what makes this picture of the joys of cycling great ;)

Attachments

• 03_press.jpg
    03_press.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 346
The moustache of course.

I've seen the airbag tech helmetless design, actually quite good in theory. Just flawed in the one use aspect I saw given they go off on acceleration/tilt or similar. And no use in common cases many encounter injuries many encounter.
Still the neck brace part is good.

I'm not forcing anyone to wear one, your head.
I'm not saying advancing to better helmets shouldn't be done, it should.

It's the interpretation that GJW's is implying helmets don't work, but he is not, wires crossed somewhere. He is only on about a, probably as I have no stats, small crossection of cases.

FluffyChicken":1r2q8376 said:
It's the interpretation that GJW's is implying helmets don't work, but he is not, wires crossed somewhere. He is only on about a, probably as I have no stats, small crossection of cases.
That of linear impacts of below 7mph and above 14mph against flat surfaces. And rotational impacts at all speeds. However you would be very wrong in believing that these types of impact are rare, as neuroscientists believe that the majority brain injuries and concussions are caused by the sudden rotations of the head.

Rotational brain injuries can occur as relatively low energy levels. Some of the most advanced rotational energy absorbing helmets have been produced for use in American baseball and football where multiple concussions were a big problem and traditional helmets did not prevent them.

One problem is that even linear impacts can produce rotations of the head. Anyone who has experienced the difficulty of knocking a nail into a piece of wood will have experienced this phenomenon. Therefore, next time I try to knock a nail into a piece of wood I intend to use a woodpecker instead of a hammer. :D

got-our-helmets-on.gif

Back