1992 Schwinn Paramount PDG 90 - Suntour XC Pro Groupset

That looks really nice, loving the paint job, reminds me of the Giant I had in 92 for a short while from new, until a thief relieved me of it.

I've no need for another bike, nor XC pro stuff, but if you do decide to sell this, I'll keep my eye out as I really like the frame/colour. Looks like the careful lady owner was tall!

Thanks ishaw, the lady owner wasn't that tall, it's only an 18" frame.

And thanks Jones, it's clearly worth more than that! as was your one. In fact, if it's not worth significantly more than the £300 that I've been offered for it I think there'll be a battle between the volunteers to see who gets to buy it. Hilariously I hate purple but have been "forced" to ride purple bikes quite a lot due to tasty frames with unfortunate paint jobs and unmissable bargains... It's also a bit too small for me.

I'm in the process of registering on the Schwinn forum, will see what sort of feedback I get there.

cyclinggardener":1iad984l said:
The bike shop sticker isn't complete and I think it looks a bit scruffy, that's why I was thinking about removing it. I agree that the buyer can remove it if they want tho.

This is not a german bike shop sticker, it seems to be a norwegian kind of bicycle registration service sticker, a way to repel potential bike thieves. Nice bike - i hope it goes to someone who really appreciates it.

Cranks is a great place - I've used it and need to again when I get round to it, I don't have a vice or your great selection of tools. Also great for people who want to learn, at what whatever level of knowledge/skill (including me somewhere in the middle).

And that's a lovely bike - unusual, good quality and condition. It's surprising how little it might make though, I reckon £300 is ok. Was it bbcbikes with the $3k one on eBay? They're notorious for it. But all those type places only bother if something's really decent.

Is the chainstay bent? Is that a feature? Looks quite strange.

Cheers jaypee, I agree on both counts; Cranks is great, something I'm proud to be involved in. Also, the bike is indeed lovely. It was almost stripped and scrapped by an over zealous volunteer because of the bent chainstay. What you see there though is the Schwinn G-Force Asymetric stays. Fancy.

It is bbcbikes who has one listed for $3k, we weren't expecting to get that for it but given the condition, rarity, quality and groupset we were expecting more that 300 quid. Hey ho.

You never know... Maybe put it up for sale on here with the price you were hoping for and see what happens.

Googling 'tange precision' gets nothing. Can u put up a pic of the tange sticker - that's probably the best guide to the value

Tange prestige and xc pro is pretty nice, the condition too.. You might be right it's worth more than £300. Put up as much detail as you can with loads of photos with close ups. Put it at a high price but say you're unsure on value... Sorry if this is all obvious.

Interesting tange sticker, never seen one like that. Personally I'd leave the saddle and maybe account fir that in the price. Its either original or its not and if it's not, a saddle is very much a matter of personal taste. But I can also see thr sense in getting the bike back to 'mint'

Back