1967 Flying Scot Patina

is that shop still trading ? what camera are you using ? i just wondered , the images are really good !

oonaff":ae8xel8u said:
is that shop still trading ? what camera are you using ? i just wondered , the images are really good !

Most recent pics are with a battered old Nikon D50 DSLR bought off here for a very acceptable price :D

Sakae Drillium chainset to be added.... .... ....very light :D This'll do until I can source a suitably priced Campag or Stronglight setup.

:xmas-big-grin:

gmac123":a6gkvxpe said:
nice progress Mr P. is the cider vinegar for the chromed plated parts only?

Lifts rust from chromed parts and mild steel. Pretty effective so far, but obviously doesn't deal with issues of peeling or deeply pitted chrome. Much better than coke as far as I can tell, plus you can put it on chips, which you can't do with coke. Well, you can but that'd be weird :D

oonaff":200k2iug said:
is that shop still trading ?

If you mean David Rattray Cycles, who built Flying Scots since around 1920, then no, they went out of business in the early 1980s. However the trading name was sold on to a Glasgow cycle dealer who commissioned M-Steel and Dave Yates in Newcastle to build some more. They were good bikes too - I had a mid 1980s one which I sold on around a year ago. Not sure when M-Steel/Dave Yates stopped building them - poss around 1990 I think.

This was my mine....Campagnolo equipped .... ....

:xmas-big-grin:

Back