Terrible bike names

The Comencal "Supernormal" and all those numbers after the name modern bikes; GT Avalanche, great! GT Avalanche 2.0, No it's a bike not a computer upgrade!

There's the GT Backwoods (so slow its nearly...)

Scott Teton (named after the Grand Teton mountains which translate into French as the large breasts)

I'm sure there are some others I can't think of right now...

I've got an early 90's Dawes mtb that's my current general use bike. I like the way it looks and rides, but unfortunately the poor thing is saddled with the name Wildcat. Just an unbelievably crap name.

Regards

Marge

I parked my bike next to this thing today, made me laugh :LOL:

and there was me thinking it was an ally frame?? :?

The Giant Talon is badly named - broken fingernail more like.

Raleigh Activator - the only thing it activated was a sting of warranty claims for blown elastomer.

Canyon - an entire bike brand who's products, until their recent turnaround, were best off chucked into a canyon...

It pains me to say it of one of my unicorns but the GT XIZANG......

1st rule of marketing don't try an sell a product no-one can pronounce as they won't buy one for fear of getting it wrong.

We've had a few dozen of these bad boys donated to our local community bike shop, and I think that you'll agree that this bike takes the gold for worst name ever:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NEXT-Wipe-Out ... e/15412146

You would think that even the fools at Walmarts Next design team would scoff on naming a bike after the one thing you don't want to do on the bike. I would also like to pose the question: can a kids bike that's sold at Walmart really be considered a bike?

Back