A ladys harry quinn bike

Geoffthechef":p0i48i4v said:
I hope someone from here gets it as it will be appreciated.. Are the ladies ones rare?

all depends if its a proper Quinn or a later Welsh mass produced one , frame number gives it away should start with a funny looking Q

The 'Q' should be an 'O' struck with an 'I' for the tail. If its not got the Q then its one of Frank Clements far eastern imposters! :)

I have not phoned as i have no need for the bike and thought i would give someone on here a shot..
I am now a bit perplexed as you can see three bikes in the photos but they say only two for sale..I wonder if the quinn is the bait..

The Quinn looks laden with poor quality parts and looks generic to me - I'd say a Clements frame badged up as Quinn. Didn't the brand eminate from Deeside in it's final years?

biggs682":10sxdgie said:
Geoffthechef":10sxdgie said:
I hope someone from here gets it as it will be appreciated.. Are the ladies ones rare?

all depends if its a proper Quinn or a later Welsh mass produced one , frame number gives it away should start with a funny looking Q

The 'Welsh' ones were the real deal. Harry and Peter Quinn started building again in Pembrokeshire basically in response to the mass produced crap that Frank Clements was punting under the HQ name. Looking at the frame details and the components this is one of them. I reckon £49 is more than enough.

The 'funny Q' is not always a guarantee of a 'proper' HQ. At least some of the Clements ones also had the Q number but starting with a 5.

I know - I had one.

But not for long.

Back