Am I tight?

poweredbypies

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Need some single ring chain bolts but I have a glut of doubles, just gonna grind some down to fit. Does this make me a tight arse?

Anyone else have a make do and mend attitude?

If you were Scots you wouldn't be tight, you'd be careful and there's nowt wrang wi that yous sasenachs :LOL:

velomaniac":256k0xka said:
If you were Scots you wouldn't be tight, you'd be careful and there's nowt wrang wi that yous sasenachs :LOL:

Funny you should say that my fathers side were of scottish descent :LOL:

no, but don't need to grind down, chain ring round other way so bolt not recessed, and / or washer

as an aside I thought Sasenachs was originally more an abuse by one Scot, a highlander to another, a lowlander, that they had English tendencies or trying to pretend to be English as it suited them, gaining favour etc and denying their Scottish / Highland heritage - but could be wrong ? This would be consistent with the generally accepted view that the word itself is derived from term for a saxon

WD Pro":3eyfdt3m said:
The chain ring bolts from Toronto wouldn’t fit – they weren’t long enough for the XTR setup (only a couple of threads engaging) and the next size up was to long :?

I had some new / spare Ti granny bolts (bought off here) so I modified them to suit. Doing this in the garage with hand tools is not recommended … :LOL:

DSC05890.jpg

Left - Standard Toronto Cycles bolt.
Middle - My modified bolt.
Right - Standard granny bolt that got fettled.
Front row - Finished nut / bolt (I got the double hex head type).

WD :D

Back