Frankenbike. Woeful Brakes Aborted

Re: Frankenbike. It lives!

Don't get me started on the brakes! I shall settle for my current set up and buy suitable life policies.

The only thing is there's no adjustment on the brakes. Could I put one of those little adjuster nut things on each of the hangers? What would I search for?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No, you cut the cable outer, put on the first length of outer, then the in-line adjuster, then the next length of outer.

On your bike, I'd be inclined to put them a couple of inches along from where the brake cable exits the from beneath the handlebar tape.

Incidentally, those CX levers include a cable adjuster, might solve two problems in one go. :D

BR7312.jpg

Looks quite good , keep an eye out for a limp dick or trials stem tho

Went on a three mile road shakedown ride. Best thing is the thumbies. Braking is by appointment but ok once they bite. Adjusters would be good. Jumped off it and did 18 on the basso. Sooo light in comparison but once up to speed hard to choose other than you run out of gears a bit quick on the Marin but that will be fine off road.

not really sure why you have taken a perfectly good marin and made a mess of it.but the most alarming thing is the difference in size between the marin and the basso.that marin is set up for a larger size gent but the basso is only a 56 c to t . that must be way to small for someone who is 6 ft 3 ?

Back