My Hot

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Had this for a while now and its still not the way i want it but its now rideable and i figured it was worth posting. Its only done a few round the block gear trials so far but i'm looking forward to taking it out properly tomorrow. Its got a mish mash of modern and retro parts on it and i'm afraid i'm a great believer in riser bars.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,832
Hot! Hot! Hot!

Is this the one that required lengthy negotiations?

Nice floorboards, too :D

The fork complements the frame perfectly. I agree about function being more important than form, but funnily enough, while I'd be more tradionalist in sticking to silver parts and flat bars, I would definitely have fitted V-brakes without a qualm.

I actually don't know why they didn't fit V-brakes to the 96 Kona range anyway, as they were available then - the 96 catalogue shows all of the top bikes except for the Hot and Ku with Maguras and the rest with Curve cantis. Perhaps just traditional Kona anti-Shimano bias!

joe breeze and friends had cowbars fitted so they came before straights therefore risers are retro :LOL:

Hot

Cheers guys :D Am very pleased with it myself. I had comtemplated putting some M950 V's on it but at the moment all i have on the cards is getting some wheels built up for it. I have a front pineapple hub and a rear M950 which are going to be laced to some 717 CD rims.

Back