And today I did......

dyna-ti":2y7e42d1 said:
Used the search engine with 'Fall' & 'Zigzag' and got 30 matches :LOL:

:facepalm:

It was a good day until I took a tumble - spent the morning finishing the Mary (although still need decals and a couple of other finishing touches)...

DSC_0269.NEF.jpg

Sorry, pic is a bit crap, but for those of you wanting to try 1x10 without a chain-guide, I can heartily recommend the Zee short cage clutch rear-mech plus a Works Components front ring. Not a dropped chain in sight and hardly any chain-slap. Having said that, I may not quite have the legs for 32 x 36 when the going gets super steep, but 98% of the time I reckon 32T up front is good enough. 31T might be the sweet spot though.

dyna-ti":11p1qfe9 said:
clubby":11p1qfe9 said:
Looks great but what's up with the forks that you're hiding the in the shadows?

Is that an Rockshox badge bottom of leg :?

Sektor ?
They're shagged, it's the original Reba's that came with the Mary, slightly the worse for wear. New forks would be nice actually, although so would a nice lightweight wheelset.

not worth a service then? Mine need a service big time but money is tight after summer holibags- going on an overtime mission next month :(

I'm probably being a bit harsh - they need a new seal internally to stop oil leaking out of the compression adjuster cap. Of course, when you splurge £20 on the seal kit for the forks, it contains all the bloody seals you need bar this one... Apart from that, they've actually been great, although the lowers are covered in scrapes and don't look too pretty.

Today I sold the old Cannondale F700. I've enjoyed it for the last 3 years but I've definitely been way under biked recently and suffered for it. I cant afford a garage full of bikes so it'll be reasonably modern
with decent amount of fork travel and decent brakes next.

Back