Unstable bike or unstable rider - you decide!! UPDATED QUERY

Re: Unstable bike or unstable rider - you decide!!!

Thanks everyone, that has given me something to think about. It is a bit cooler today and i might manage to get into the garage for a while later - if my wife allows!!!

Richard

Headset adjustment cured my weave. Thanks.

I had a problem like this and it was the headset that required a little tightening.

If it was pulling to one side I would have said bent forks.

Also check wheel bearings and cones aren't loose.

Re: Unstable bike or unstable rider - you decide!! UPDATED Q

Evening all,

Ponder this - saddle position, would saddle position affect 'no hands' riding? The saddle was very far forward and i moved it back to a more normal position and stability has improved a little - opinions please.

richard

Yes it can. An incorrectly adjusted headset or worn head bearings can also contribute.

Check tyre pressures as well.

good stuff, thanks.

The headset is one i have not seen before a Tange which appears to have a plastic cover. Everything is smooth running and does not appear to have any problems but i am wondering about removing the plastic parts - they are knurled but totally unmarked and my efforts could just mean a new headset would be required.

Re damage etc - i have checked it thoroughly and all appears good.

I have not measured the stem yet but a guess would be 30mm and undoing the bolt might be awkward as an Allen key may be too long to get at the bolt.

Thanks,

Richard

Back