Endorphin build

Supra biker

Retro Newbie
Er I incorrectly started a thread in the <1997 section so now correcting myself!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=260454

I've got a few bits on their way, some on the slow boat from China/Hong Kong/Germany and some domestic.

What I have...not pictured or on the way to me

Basic wheel set
Tubes, rim tape and tyres
Grips
Avid v brakes
cable outers

What I salvaged to re use at least initially

Front and rear xt 8 speed mechs
STX chainset and UN52 BB

What I still need..

Fork
Stem
Possibly new shifter pod of grip shift etc
Cassette
whatever else i've forgotten!!

I'd like advice on my fork choice if possible, I'm veering towards a light rigid carbon fork Trigon is currently a favorite but I'm not sure on what length I need, if anyone has any idea what I need for an Endorphin to save me hours of research and/or a potential duff purchase I'd really appreciate it.

cheers

Ok sitting here now after a Knee arthroscopy operation this morning, so plenty of time to watch the internet parts roll in and take my time fitting things as it'll be a while til I can throw a leg over it.

BTW the Trigon fork was ordered but the ebay seller instantly cancelled as they were out of stock, so a Kona triple butted P2 is on it's way...a lot cheaper, good rep and will allow me to move things on build wise not something I can lose much on should I decide to sell if I want carbon down the line to match the frame.

ok P2 fork arrived and is indeed mint so I popped this on (sort of!) rested the frame on the wheels just for an impression. The geometry looks ok just looking by eye? and the steel fork doesn't look too out of place in my eyes...I certainly don't hate it.

I'm a complete novice bike build wise and whilst the new bottom bracket was a piece of cake/intuitive to fit I need to do some more aheadset research. In pic two I think all I need to hammer home the fork crown race but don't have a suitable drift as yet. Also there isn't going to be much more room on the steerer tube for anything other than the stem and I need a new star nut for down in the fork?

Fork on secure and I'm up for the metal wear to go on.

Attachments

• Endorphin with wheels.jpg
    Endorphin with wheels.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 679
  • Fork crown.jpg
    Fork crown.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 679
cheers guys beginning to think I smelt or something! :LOL:

Anyway, I'm now 2+ weeks post my key hole knee op and have been encouraged, as I hoped I would, to cycle to build back up my left hamstring and quad. I've 'finished' the build to a point and made my first journey, just a pootle around the village given my condition and love it and whilst it won't win any awards for its spec I think it's a bit of a looker :)

I need to properly index the rear shifting as that's trying my patience but everything else seems ok so far. Actually on this point I threw on the old last cable section from the donor bike and it looks a bit overly long can that effect the shifting? I've got some new white cable just didn't have any more of those end caps that go between this and the frame lugs/holders (the old section had them stuck/crimped on)

Attachments

• finished 1.jpg
    finished 1.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 565
  • finished 2.jpg
    finished 2.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 565
I don't like this silver crankset with red pedals..

A white or black one would look far better !

I may change a few things, but wanted to use some bits from the old bike just to get mobile. The pedals I like for their practicality ie I can pop down the shops on it in normal shoes and then clip in for a longer off road ride. Going to enjoy it for a bit and see how I get on and then upgrade any bits that break or annoy me!

Back