braided disc brake hose

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
i cannot get my head round what i need to get my XTM755 disc brakes set up with new hoses.

i'd like to replace both front and rear with braided hose sets - but not sure which 'kits' will help me sort everything out (bar the mineral oil and syringes which i already have).

can anyone help put this across to me in simple terms, or better still some links.
im struggling in this hot stuffy avo in the office today..... :cool: :?

thanks for that. if i have read it correctly, does it say that the caliper end of the hoses come already fitted with the banjo connector? then you cut the lever end of the hose to length and assemble?

actually by the looks of it, it says both end have them fitted. so i would need to order the exact lengths i need...??

That may be so, i.e. one end already done. But if not you will need the insert, banjo and an olive plus the shroud and nut I would think. Need an exploded diagram for the thing really. The inserts normally thread into Goodridge hoses but I know that the Hope version are a push in insert though the hoses are apparently made by Goodridge or used to be at any rate.

If you can get the right length off the bat that would be ideal and save you any fannying about cutting, installing the insert and olive etc as it can be a bit fiddly.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I believe jagwire sell the hose as a length (in different colours) but not braided as far as I can see

They do sell connection kits as well - you might be able to sort something out from their range

Jaz":35wz7741 said:
I changed my Formulas to braided hose a while back. Superstar sell reasonably priced kits.
http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=431
Looks like you need fitting kit 2
http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_ ... cts_id=430

very helpful indeed - and they are reasonably priced. most of the kits on ebay cost almost as much as i spent on the brakes themselves.

just need to figure out if 3metres wil be enough. i'd think it would be.... (1700mm rear / 900mm front maximum)

Should be more than enough, I did my Pace RC104 with 3m of it and that has the rear cable routed under the downtube and along the chainstay.
Only tip I'd offer is to get it all planned out in your head exactly before you start cutting and installing barbs/olives because you don't get any spares in the kit.
Oh and for my Formulas not all the bits in the kit fitted correctly so I had to use a few bits off my original hoses, think it was the bolt with the hole in but I can't remember. So don't wreck parts off your old hose getting them off just in case!

Back