Another Road Fatality

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
A833 junction area on the A831.

This is a road I know very well from riding and driving. There are some decent tracks up into the hill where we often take a picnic.

I would hesitate to ride the road there, cars approach at ridiculous speed.

Tragic.

highlandsflyer":25436ieb said:
We_are_Stevo":25436ieb said:
Probably txtng...

...oops! :oops:

Tasteless. This from the member who was appalled at callous disregard for a cyclist who was lightly injured. Odd.

Just Chopper and I doing our new-found Reeves and Mortimer slot... :facepalm:

And only tasteless in the unlikely event of a relative of the deceased becoming aware of it!

Hold on...

Thread is posted, responses are made, OP dislikes some of the responses, throws a tantrum, goes out for a bike ride and asks for the topic to be locked...

Whatever happened there is a fallen cyclist, a brother, and we should show some solidarity for the loss of one of our own.

please don't start the silliness again.

the other thread got silly, i locked at the request of the OP on the thread not by a pm, this one could go the same way and regardless of whether anyone knows the person, they died.

keep it respectful or don't post.

There is an edit function on posts. It is not as if we have to leave a post after we realise we have said something a little tasteless. We can self moderate.

We haven't been into town today, but are heading in after nine to collect from the airport. No doubt someone in Inverness will know more than the news so far contains, but we shall know in due course either way.

It was disturbing to see the tv news report. This on the day cycling campaigners delivered ghost bikes to parliament. I think you can get Reporting Scotland on iPlayer if you change your location.

Depressing it is.

The 'tasteless' humour was a piss-take at myself, not the deceased...

...but people die needlessly every day, in the most ridiculous circumstances, and will continue to do so; I see the evidence all the time and wonder 'How, why?' but the ever decreasing circle goes on for the rest of us, for the time being at least. :|

Back