motorola eddy merckx

drooling_homer.gif

How much damage can saliva do to a keyboard?

Great looking bike ........

Where did you get the bar tape as thats exactly what I'm after for my build.

Paul

nice touch to spec the red pedals + blue cabling .
i love it when people splash the cash and do original paint jobs.. it shows real dedication !
i think i will use argos one day.
did m rola have any stage wins ?
are your components a mixture of new+old ?

The bar tape is from Chain Reaction - Cinelli Gel Cork Bar Tape cost 12 euros its great quality and really comfortable.
The dura ace crank came from my Raleigh 753 which I bought in 1991. I bought a polishing kit on the internet and I used it on the crankset and seatpost. The seatpost was also taken from the Raleigh. The Look pedals are nos. The rest of the components were bought on ebay. One of the STI levers required a lot of work. I will post a photo to show the condition of it before I had it rechromed. I suppose Motorola's most famous stage win (pre LA - cant even say that f**k*rs name) was L'Alpe' d'Huez in 1992 with Andy Hampsten on a reynolds 753 tubed eddy merckx badged as columbus. There was an article in an old Winning magazine which showed Phil Anderson's bike. I used that for specing the components. The Avocet saddle was the hardest thing to get. I used a repair kit to get it looking fairly decent. Everything else was straightforward. I suppose like most people on this site, this is one of the bikes I really liked 20 years ago.

Pat

Great looking bike.

Do you mind me asking how much Argos charged for the respray? I'm looking to by a Corsa Extra at the moment which needs respraying and would like to have it in either Motorola or 7 Eleven colours.

Thanks, and looking forward to seeing the finished bike.
I've just purchased the same and also curious to know the cost?

Back