What cleats/clips for 1987 shimano 105 pedals?

Percybigun

Old School Hero
Here are my pedals (from a 87 raleigh) :

null.jpg

And i have (new) shimano spd-sl shoes and cleats. Are these compatible, is there something missing off the pedals?

You need Shimano PD64 cleats and also the correct toe clips

Below are Dura Ace pedals and clips but very similar to your needs
tped-pd64.JPG

Is it possible to remove your feet from the cages when you use these? I have a set and i cannot work out how to get my feet out! The tabs at the front seem to be the problem - once my largish feet are in they stay in and wife is not pleased as i have a bike attached to me for 3 weeks now!!!!!

Hints and tips appreciated.

Richard

Very difficult to find these cleats now, they occasional set pop up on ebay but they are usually expensive as the track cyclists use them and splash the cash when they are for sale

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
TGR":vhv8xkrv said:
Is it possible to remove your feet from the cages when you use these? I have a set and i cannot work out how to get my feet out! The tabs at the front seem to be the problem - once my largish feet are in they stay in and wife is not pleased as i have a bike attached to me for 3 weeks now!!!!!

Hints and tips appreciated.

Richard

same issue for me to try to find these :roll:

but actually, I wonder if it is wise as it seems the shoes with these cleats are very difficult to unclip - so failure to do so apparently resulted in quite frequent falls in the past :idea: :cry:
Using them with shoes with rubber soles with deep "sculptures" seems to be another option :idea:

Sorry i meant to say, the pedals work with the 3-bolt tri pattern toe clips & straps, with modern shimano SPD-SL v-shaped cleats. They clip in fairly tight, and are quite easy to remove the foot. I dont think i'd dare use the proper cleats for these pedals with toe-clips (very dangerous!)

Percybigun":p1pbqgn7 said:
Sorry i meant to say, the pedals work with the 3-bolt tri pattern toe clips & straps, with modern shimano SPD-SL v-shaped cleats. They clip in fairly tight, and are quite easy to remove the foot. I dont think i'd dare use the proper cleats for these pedals with toe-clips (very dangerous!)

what do you mean exactly by toe clips ?

Back